Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Traditional Archery
 Just got a Bob Lee Recurve >

Just got a Bob Lee Recurve

Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Just got a Bob Lee Recurve

Old 01-22-2008, 12:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Just got a Bob Lee Recurve

I have a Bob Lee Signature Series takedown recurve in a box sitting next to me, and I'm about ready to loose it! Picked it up this morning at the Post Office, but unfortunately, I am not able to open the box while I'm still here at work. [:@]

I traded my Howard Hill Crocodile for it.

More to come........
Old 01-22-2008, 12:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Just got a Bob Lee Recurve

You don't look so good. I think you need to leave work early.

That has to be unconstitutional torture to make one sit there without being able to open the box.
Old 01-22-2008, 02:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

I probably could, but I really shouldn't. [>:]
Old 01-22-2008, 07:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

Congrats to you Bob! Post up some pics when you can, sure would love to see it!
Old 01-22-2008, 09:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yee Haw!

It's almost 11:30 PM Eastern as I type this. Are you still out shooting it or what? We're waiting on pics and report, ya know.
Old 01-22-2008, 10:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

It's almost 11:30 PM Eastern as I type this. Are you still out shooting it or what? We're waiting on pics and report, ya know.
Yeah for real..........one thing I have learned with traditional bows. New arrivals might as well be babies.

Hand out the stogies and give it a name!
Old 01-23-2008, 06:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

Wouldn't you know, I hit some real traffic on the way home last night due to snow. Took me twice as long. Then when I finally got home, my son was waiting for me with his jacket on and needed a ride to school because he forgot his homework. I finally get home and my wife has some hamburgers ready, so I ate. Yes, this was all killing me as I looked at the still wrapped package.

Finally, to the basement I go.

My first impression when I unpacked it was the weight of the riser. Seemed a little heavy to me (fine by me). Then I slid my hand into the grip with stillno limbs on the bow. The grip really impressed me. There was no room for movement once the hand was placed in. Next I put the limbs on and strung it up. I didn't bother checking brace or nock position because I had to send some arrows through it NOW.

I was again pleasantly surprised at the quietness of the bow, and the deadness in hand feel. No handshock at all. And extremely quiet, even without tuning it, just a thud. I sent all different spined (2016,2018,2020,2217, and some 60/65 Firs) and tipped arrows (100-200 grains)though it last night and was surprised that it accepted all of them. I couldn't single one out as the best. I'lldefinetely have todo some bare shaft tuning though. I did like the feel and sound of the 2018 with a 200 grain tip.

In all my first impressions were very good, nothing negative at all. And I am very happy with the trade. But I don't always trust the first impressions. Hopefully, I'll get it out to the club this weekend and give it a real workout.

BTW, the bow is 64", 52#'s at 28", so I'm shooting it around 55#'s.
Old 01-23-2008, 09:05 AM
Dominant Buck

Alright. I love getting new toys in the mail. Yesterday I got in a new bunch of bamboo. I was all excited. My wife thinks im crazy. She says, "only you can getexcited over a big package of grass." I had to run out to the shop to grind it and get it in the oven to temper.
Old 01-23-2008, 09:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

I am on the verge of ordering a new bow, and I'm as antsy as can be already. Can't imagine how bad I'll be after another month or so waiting for it.
Old 01-27-2008, 05:28 PM

Congrats on your Bob Lee!! As you have already found out they are great bows.I own a few and couldnt be happier.Here's my Bicentenial 62" 45#@28.5".Good Luck with it and may all your arras find their mark.

Quick Reply: Just got a Bob Lee Recurve

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.