Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Traditional Archery
 Do you shoot both a traditional and compound? >

Do you shoot both a traditional and compound?

Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Do you shoot both a traditional and compound?

Old 01-19-2008, 10:18 PM

Default Do you shoot both a traditional and compound?

I am just curious as to how many traditional shooters also own and use a compound bow? I would assume that for non competitive shooting (bowhunting and for fun) that a person can do both with reasonable accuracy. I would thing that a competitive shooter may choose to stick with one style and try to perfect it. Right?

Old 01-19-2008, 10:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Do you shoot both a traditional and compound?

I have been hunting with a compound for years, just picked up the Longbow last week. I think the longbow is as good as it gets! Looking forward to a recurve next!
Old 01-19-2008, 10:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'm a big believer in doing one or the other when it comes to shooting compound or Trad. There's just to many things IMO that are so much different then the other. Anchor points are different along with many other things. Thats just me though and I'm not telling anyone thats what they've got to do.
Old 01-19-2008, 11:19 PM
Fork Horn

I shoot both and usually carry both in my truck when I go out. I let the day dictate which on I carry into the woods. It was a little difficult when I shot instictive with both bows but now with sights on the compound I dont have a problem.

Rogue
Old 01-20-2008, 12:05 AM
Giant Nontypical

I shoot compounds and even homemade midieval crossbow replicas. I can't really shoot the sticks any more, because of my shoulders, neck and back.I'm really just holding onto them for my son now. He shoots my longbow very well indeed. Better than I can, for sure. I compensate by shooting one of my compounds fingers/barebow and call it my orthopedic recurve. My other compound is set up for release and sights though.
Old 01-20-2008, 06:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

Shoot both. I'm not biased. Shooting my compound takes such little thinking after all these years, I don;t believe one robs anything from the other.
Old 01-20-2008, 10:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

I shoot all three types of bows.
Old 01-20-2008, 10:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

I wish my archery room (shop) was that big!
Old 01-20-2008, 10:47 AM
COB

I now hunt with a 45# Oneida compund because my Arthritis has gotten so bad I can not pull and hold the weight in a stick bow heavy enough for hunting. But, there is always a but you know, if I want to hve "fun" shooting I use my 38 # recurve or longbow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![X(]
Old 01-20-2008, 11:43 AM

I shoot a Bowtech Allegiance compound, Pearson Cougar recurve, and I should be receiving my Chek-Mate Hunter II recurve any day now. I ordered it from Chad back in May. I like shooting my compound for hunting the wide open spaces on the deserts, and plains here in NM. Then I like my recurve for the simplicity, quickness of the shot, and the overall carry weight. I think I'm going to use my recurves as my primary weapons when I chasing deer and elk in the mountains. I plan on turkey hunting with my recurves this year. This will be my first trad hunt, and I’ve been shooting my Pearson for close to a year now.

Quick Reply: Do you shoot both a traditional and compound?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.