Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Shooting to the right

Old 01-15-2008, 04:04 PM

Default Shooting to the right

I am new to traditional shooting and need yalls help. My shooting is getting better but I keep shooting right. I feel like I am not hitting where I should (left to right). My setup is: Hornes longbow, 29.5" draw, 7" brace,GT 5575 with 5" feathers (full length), anchor corner of the mouth, and I shoot 1 over with a glove. Any help will be more than appreciated.

Old 01-15-2008, 04:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Shooting to the right

I can't tell to much about your setup since I really have no experience with carbon.

I'm assuming your setup is correct and you are right handed.

Here are a fewof the reasons that I shoot right:
1. I am keepingan unconsistant grip. A lot of people keep a real loose grip during the draw, but at the point of the shot seem to grip the boweither before or during the release.
2. I am not drawing the bow straight back to the anchor or adjusting the draw hand while already at anchor.
3. I am letting the string creep ever so slightly just before the release.
4. My bow arm is collapsing. This seems to happen more when I move to heavier poundage bows.
5. My draw hand is coming away from my face at release.

Hope that helps,
Bob
Old 01-15-2008, 07:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

My biggest thing is gripping my bow to much when shooting off to the side like you are.
Old 01-15-2008, 07:36 PM
bigcountry

I have all kinds of shooting issues, but shooting to the right is not one of them. Only way I shoot to far to the right is way too cant. How much are you cantting?

Old 01-15-2008, 08:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Could be arrow spine. Do you have any other arrows you could try?
Old 01-15-2008, 10:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

It could be that your peaking too when you release the bow.
Old 01-16-2008, 06:28 AM

I forgot to add that I am shooting 56 pounds. I have shot Carbon Express 350 and 250's without much difference. I will pay more attention to yalls suggestions and see what happens.
Old 01-16-2008, 06:53 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: crawdad375

I forgot to add that I am shooting 56 pounds. I have shot Carbon Express 350 and 250's without much difference. I will pay more attention to yalls suggestions and see what happens.
Right or left handed?
Old 01-16-2008, 08:11 AM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: crawdad375

Holy cow, those both are very stiff spines. Have you bareshaft tuned it to see how the bareshafts are hitting in relation to fletched? You do have feathers I am guessing? For that bow, I recommendeven weaker spines than the 250. I might go with a 2020 aluminum. But thats assuming your shooting a 31" shaft and 125tip. Lots of assumes.

Old 01-16-2008, 09:29 AM

Right handed and shooting feathers. Like I said I am new to traditional so do you shoot the spine weight lighter than you would in a compound. If so how do you figure the deflection?

Quick Reply: Shooting to the right

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.