Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Traditional Archery
Traditional Shoot Dates >

Traditional Shoot Dates

Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Traditional Shoot Dates

Old 01-29-2003, 03:31 PM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

Default Traditional Shoot Dates

Here is what I have so far--feel free to add to the list, or give more information on the ones you have been to. These are the ones I hope to be at this summer--a few of them for the first time.Lost Tribe (Collierville, TN)--2/15. 3/22, 04/12, 05/31, 07/19, 08/09, 09/13

Kentucky Klassic (Nancy, KY)--04/12,13--non competitive, good course,lots of vendors--the course can be treacherous (literally) if it rains though

ASTB Children's Hospital Benefit (Tannehill State Park, Birmingham, AL)--04/26, 27--haven't been to this particular shoot, but the ASTB usually puts on a really good shoot--challenging course and usually several vendors

Twin Oaks (Clarksville*?* TN--just outside Nashville) and The Lofton Classic (Grenada Lake, Grenada, MS) 05/03, 04 (I plan on going to Twin Oaks) Twin Oaks has probably the best course I have ever shot--very realistic set up (a pack of coyotes, a pack of javalina's, a strutting turkey with hens and jakes, a buck with a couple of does, etc.) The course was stretched out, good walking, lots of novelty shoots and prizes. Only drawback--no showers and primitive camping only. I have been pretty dissapointed with the course at the Lofton shoot the last couple of years, especially last year, and several things that were promised (and had been a part of the shoot every year I have been) just didn't happen. I have heard there is "new blood" in charge of the shoot, but I will have to hear about some major improvements before I go back.

TX State Longbow Championship--05/24, 25--will be my first time there--limited number of shooters, so if you plan on going get your application in

The Real Thing (Waddill Wildlife Refuge, LA)--06/07, 08--another first, but hear they have one of the best courses anywhere

Cloverdale (IN)--06/13, 14, 15--again, a first for me--have heard lots of great things about this shoot, gobs of vendors

ASTB AL State Traditional Championship--08/02, 03--good shoot, lots of fun, several vendors, some shots may require you swap arrows (some tight shots, you generally see some broken arrows on this one)

The Jerry Pierce Memorial at Enid Lake (MS) is another I plan on attending, but I don't have the dates for it yet. The first one was held last year, and I really enjoyed it. There were no long shots, but some were very challenging due to brush, target angle, etc. Some good novelty shoots as well--I won a pack of Wensel Woodsmans! lol

Chad

Long Bows Rule!

Edited by - LBR on 01/29/2003 16:37:57
Old 01-30-2003, 01:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Traditional Shoot Dates

Heres a few more:
ETAR at Denton Hill,Potter Co.,Pa.-7 course plus novelty shoots,skilift to 3 course on mtn top.Vndors,alot of dealers,seminars,exhibitions,swap meets and camping w/showers.Biggest shoot on the east coast.July 24-27

STAR at Ski Sawmill in Morris,Pa.This is the 2nd annual.Nice courses with a pond shoot(that was real cool!).Vendors and dealers.Primitive camping(no showers)June 12-15

MATC at the Batimore Bowmen in Baltimore,MD.This is a grreat shoot!You won't believe you're only a few minutes from Balt.city.Real nice course set-ups,novelty shoots,vendors and dealers and a swap meet.Camping,no showers.May 16-18
Old 01-30-2003, 02:30 AM
Fork Horn

Chad:
Will you be going to Cloverdale this year?

Your life is made of time, not money.
Old 01-30-2003, 03:14 AM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

I plan on it John.

Chad

Long Bows Rule!
Old 01-30-2003, 10:30 AM
Fork Horn

Here are some Vancouver Island (BC) shoots that may be of some interest to western Washington/Oregon folks who might be looking at a summer vacation this way.

Parksville/ Qualicum Feb. 16
Nanaimo St. Pats. Mar. 16
Courtenay F&G April 5, 6
Port Alberni Slash Shoot April 27
Campbell River F&W May 4
Salt Spring Island May 11
Cowichan Hell Hole June 6,7
Naniamo July 26,27
Pt. Alberni Traditional Archers Aug. 9,10

Most of these are for all gear types (except x-bows)and you won't find any "golf course" type set ups. Kids shoot for free.

RC
Old 01-30-2003, 12:42 PM
Fork Horn

I always get to cloverdale at least one day. I sure look forward to meeting you.
John

Your life is made of time, not money.
Old 01-30-2003, 03:15 PM
Fork Horn

Check Great Lakes Longbow Invitational 2003 thread. That is my big event every year. I'm really getting interested in the Cloverdale shoot because I have never been there.

Old 01-31-2003, 08:15 AM

Here are a couple in S/W Ontario

Galt Sportsmen - Cambridge, Ontario - Feb. 1 & 2

Oxford Fish & Game - Woodstock, Ontario - Mar. 15 & 16
Old 02-11-2003, 11:32 PM

For an entry form please email me mailto:[email protected] your address and I will send it snail mail or access the following link to print out an entry form to send in:
http://home.cablelynx.com/~terrywill/netxtradchamp.pdf

<b>Northeast Texas Traditional Championship Shoot</b>
Sat. March 8th & Sun. March 9th, 2003
Hosted by the Longview Archery Club located in Longview, TX
40 targets

Classes: Self-bow
Men' s & Women' s Recurve, Longbow, Combined*, Modern Longbow
Youth (16-12), Cubs(11-8), Braves(7-under)

* Must shoot Recurve Sat. & Longbow Sun.

Awards:Kershaw Hunting Knives for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd places.
Raffles: ½ dozen Custom wood arrows, Traditional Bow Holder, and more

Fees: Individuals - $25
Couple - $40
Family - $50
Fun Shooters - $5
Combined Class Add $5 per shooter

Rules:
The Don' ts
No carbon arrows, no binoculars, no range finders, no bow sling, no arrow rest, no string walking, no alcohol on range

The Do' s
One arrow per target, 40 targets, Self-bow class must use wood arrows, Scoring 12-10-8-5

For more information and/or Pre-Registration Forms please contact:
Larry Lewis 903-758-1529 or email [email protected]
Dan Clark 903-663-8692
Location: Longview, TX approx. 2 hours east of Dallas on I-20 or 1 hour west of Bossier City/Shreveport, LA on I-20
Link to map:
http://maps.yahoo.com/py/maps.py?Pyt...newmag=4<br />

Edited by - Traditionalist on 02/12/2003 01:17:54
Old 02-13-2003, 06:27 AM

I think I' ll go to Denton Hill as it' s not a bad drive from CT. Would be interested in going to Cloverdale or the Great Lakes Invitational. Which ones have more vendors? I' m interested in cheking out bows, arrows, etc.

Quick Reply: Traditional Shoot Dates

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.