Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Traditional Archery
 Anyone shoot a Hoyt GameMaster II? >

Anyone shoot a Hoyt GameMaster II?

Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Anyone shoot a Hoyt GameMaster II?

Old 12-23-2007, 07:16 PM

Default Anyone shoot a Hoyt GameMaster II?

I'm going to try to get into traditional this coming year and I had been thinkin for awhile goin Bear since my great uncle always shot Bear but Hoyt has always been good to me and I was on their site checking out the new Katera and decided to look at their traditionals. I like the tec risers but no one near home sells Hoyt recurves and no one can tell me anything about them. So if you guys have any infos or opinions I'd appreciate them and also what do they run in your areas?
Old 12-23-2007, 08:58 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Anyone shoot a Hoyt GameMaster II?

I have one with 50 and 55 lb limbs. They shoot very well in all respects, feel very nice on the draw and seem easier to tune the arrow than my other recurves and I guess that is because it is a center shot bow. They have a grip that feels very similar to my Ultra Tec and my Vulcan that are more difficult to torque. They are quiet with a little bit of work (some guys put a patch of chamois between the riser and the limbs). Price is right in line with many other good bows. You can shoot it off the shelf (it comes with a nice but expensive set of pads) or you can use the berger hole for a rest/plunger.
It is the bow I shoot most. There are a few out there on fleabay from time to time.
Old 12-27-2007, 05:23 PM

After working at an archery shop and shooting a number of these bows and watching a couple of people have real problems with getting the bow tuned and quited down I would look at something else.

We took two bows with the same weight limbs and switched component by component and could not quite the bow down. It was Very loud by any standards.

I personally have been shooting longbows only, but have a Hatfield TD that is whisper quiet. So much of it has to do with proper set up and arrow weight, but the Gamemaster to me is unusually noisey.
Old 12-30-2007, 08:45 PM

I have a Game Master I (50# @ 28") and I'm told it shoots identical to the Game Master II. I use a flipper rest, beaver hide silencers, and I am very pleased with the performance (smooth draw, fast shooting, and quiet). Being a traditionalist, I like the riser of the new Durado by Hoyt better than the non-traditional riser of the Game Master (personal preference only). I think it's a great bow and has high ratings. Don't think you'd be disappointed if you tried one, then bought it.
Old 01-18-2008, 12:05 AM

ORIGINAL: f_thomas

After working at an archery shop and shooting a number of these bows and watching a couple of people have real problems with getting the bow tuned and quited down I would look at something else.

We took two bows with the same weight limbs and switched component by component and could not quite the bow down. It was Very loud by any standards.

I personally have been shooting longbows only, but have a Hatfield TD that is whisper quiet. So much of it has to do with proper set up and arrow weight, but the Gamemaster to me is unusually noisey.
I've never heard of a center shot bow being tough to tune, but I don't know the set up these folks were using..I'd like to know what the bow shop is and where it is,please send the techs there my contact info from here as I can't believe the gamemaster 2 was that loud... you taped the threads, right?!?!
Old 01-18-2008, 02:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

I didnt mind how it shot but couldnt get past the looks.....
Old 03-06-2011, 05:31 PM
Spike

Default threads

Originally Posted by northeastsportsman
I've never heard of a center shot bow being tough to tune, but I don't know the set up these folks were using..I'd like to know what the bow shop is and where it is,please send the techs there my contact info from here as I can't believe the gamemaster 2 was that loud... you taped the threads, right?!?!
what do you mean by threads thanks
Old 03-07-2011, 05:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've no experience with any Hoyt bows but I just cant stand the looks of the GMII.I would go with either the Buffalo or Dorado if I was set on buying Hoyt.
Old 03-08-2011, 08:10 AM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

I held a Hoyt Buffalo in my hands not long ago. Nice looking bow, for the grip was bad for someone with big hands--it got really sharp down low. Not good for someone who like to "heel" the bow, which a lot of longbow shooters do.
Old 03-09-2011, 06:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by LBR
I held a Hoyt Buffalo in my hands not long ago. Nice looking bow, for the grip was bad for someone with big hands--it got really sharp down low. Not good for someone who like to "heel" the bow, which a lot of longbow shooters do.
As much as I like the heel down feel of my trad longbow I shoot my recurves with a straight wrist.Heel down on recurves causes far to much torquing and my arrows hit all over the place.

Quick Reply: Anyone shoot a Hoyt GameMaster II?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.