Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Traditional Archery
 stuck between bob lee and chek mate falcon >

stuck between bob lee and chek mate falcon

Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

stuck between bob lee and chek mate falcon

Old 12-20-2007, 07:36 PM

Default stuck between bob lee and chek mate falcon

I'm stuck between a bob lee and a chek mate falcon. Could you show me some more pictures of your falcons. I like the purple heart riser with the maple limbs but I can't decide.
Old 12-20-2007, 07:51 PM
bigcountry

Default RE: stuck between bob lee and chek mate falcon

I have shot the bob lee, but man, they were outrageously expensive. The falcon definately affordable. I would definately go with it. I plan too in the future. But like you, I am having a hard time making up my mind on the different bows. And they really don't show too much of the whole bow on the website.

Old 12-21-2007, 06:26 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have shot both but own a Chek-Mate King's Pawn. I can shoot the Pawn pretty well, but I do use a rest on it, and it was a bit picky to get tuned and quiet but it all worked out fine. But to me who cares about a little frustration as long as it can be fixed. And I'm sure Chad is more then willing to help out if you need it. I'm not saying all Chek-Mates need to be shot with a rest or are a little tough to tame, that just happened to be the case for me.

To me the Chek-Mates are one of the best bows out there for the money. For $300 I got an aweful lot of bow.

Old 12-21-2007, 10:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

When i got my Falcon i sent Chad some pics via e-mail of it....i dont have them on my computer anymorebut....if you ask him(if he still has the pics) he can send them to you.

or maybee he can Post a few of it on this thread...if he has time....so i can save them to my puter also.

mine was Cocobolo and maple falcon deluxe with maple under clear glass for the limbs....

its a good shooter...you cant go wrong with it.....took me a while to tune butthats any bow your unfamilliar with.

...my only gripe about that bow design is the way that the grip doesnt allow you to put your hand even with the shelf(the hump with the overlays) its a minor bother, and i usually forget about it untill i pick up a bow that doesnt have that there...and then i wish mine didnt have it there.
Old 12-21-2007, 10:47 AM
Giant Nontypical

...my only gripe about that bow design is the way that the grip doesnt allow you to put your hand even with the shelf(the hump with the overlays) its a minor bother, and i usually forget about it untill i pick up a bow that doesnt have that there...and then i wish mine didnt have it there.
Dremel. I have to admit I modified the grip on my Kings Pawn slightly, made it a little thinner.

ccarp, I appreciate the quandry. I like both. If money was the problem - and it usually is for me - I'd take the ChekMate and not worry about it. With Bob Lee, you're paying a premium for the name, historyand reputation. He's one- if not the only one- of the last of the great 60's bowyers still producing bows himself.
Old 12-23-2007, 03:31 PM

my bob lee is one of my fastest bows in my collection....jpw
Old 12-25-2007, 12:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

here it us Falcon cocobolo and maple

Old 12-25-2007, 01:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

another....dont mind the red silencers that turned pink when i stretched them...lol

Old 12-25-2007, 01:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

last one

Old 12-25-2007, 07:08 PM

Good looking bow, I did notice a lot of string silencers and limb savers are they loud bows?

Quick Reply: stuck between bob lee and chek mate falcon

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.