Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Barta?

Old 11-28-2007, 08:15 AM
COB

Default RE: Barta?

Trad B., Jackie B., Bill J., Ted N. Who ever! Their all about self promotion, their products, or their organization. Hunting be D$%&#d! Why do you need "big" names to tell what you need to hunt with or ware or smell like?
Old 11-30-2007, 11:31 AM

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Tred is welcome in my camp anytime! I respect a man that sets his standard, then sticks by it. He would rather not get a deer, than cut corners to harvest an animal. When I was younger, I would measure the success of a hunting season by what I took. Now I measure success by what I gave.
Sure these guys are in a business to make money. If they didn't make money, their show would not be on TV and we would not know who they were. They are trying to work in a dream job where they get paid to do what they love. The ones that do it well enough have people that love to watch them and that is how they make their living. The truth is, every time you watch TV or read a magazine or listen to the radio, you are being told that this or that is the best and that you really can't do without it. It's how the world operates. I really think that Tred is one of the more sincere ones on TV right now. You don't hear him plugging endorsements every other words like you do in some shows.
Old 11-30-2007, 12:18 PM
Fork Horn

Tred drives me nuts at times, but overall I find what he says to ussually be pretty close to how I feel about the outdoors and the world of hunting. He also has no trouble showing himself fail or look foolish (see the one where he could not get off an icystream). that shows an intgrity I respect.
On the hype part.Making those T.V. shows is not cheap. Cameras , people to run them, travel, editing staff and equipment etc.. I had the opportunity to be part of a show and the cameraman told me the host needed to have $15,000 per show in sponsorship to make a profit. I don't know if he was right but there were four camera men, five cameras and and office back in thier home base that ran year round with other people not on location. The sponsors paying for the shhow want to see their products used. to the point thhat when they had a specific camo sponsor no other camo was allowed to be shown on the show. They would rep[lace your gear with the right pattern.
Old 11-30-2007, 12:56 PM

i dont get why some people think he is full of him self because he does things the "barta way" he likes to do things the hard way, i dont see him flinging arrows i think if he knows that he can hit the animal he would take a shot if not, then he wouldnt, and i have never seen any "pimping" on his show or magazines about his stuff. i like to watch his show.
Old 11-30-2007, 04:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have to say Tred is a real strapper.I also have to say he's a real good shot, despite his shot choices at moving animals![:'(]
Old 11-30-2007, 05:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Dont Tred on ME .....I think we allenvy him a little...he reminds us of ourselves ..(even thoughtour EGO wont allow us to admit it)..when we do it OUR way ..its the same stuff...We all tell our stories of the hunt and throw in a bunch of bull...isnt that part of the braggin rites??..dont take that away....we earn that from days in the field..best and worst.. TRED's show is not the same ole shhhh.....dont hate.. participate and appreciate.....plus heeze a northerner....ooops!

REMEMBER...its just a show ..dont takeit so personal...have a cold one or two on me and feel better..

When SINATRA did it "his way"......where were you critics??
gotta go..Family Guy iz on
Old 11-30-2007, 09:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

When SINATRA did it "his way"......where were you critics??
Oh GAWD! I HATE THAT SONG![:'(] And that was before the days of the TV remote, where we actually had to get up and walk all the way over to the TV to turn it off. How did we ever survive?

[8D]
Old 12-01-2007, 06:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: LBR

Then I get the 3 Rivers catalog pimping all the "Barta Gear"

I just hate the pimping.

Chad
PIMPIN' aint eazy
its hard work bein a Pimp
Quit hatin on T-Bart

hunting shows are lame for the most part they dont show you jack worth of the hunt or the effort that went into the hunt( i doubt most tv guys put lots of real effort into things..everything is done for them when they getthere)or give any good info/tricks anymore....all it is for is..... Hurry up and Buy!!!!! commercials every 5minutes and the 20 plugs sprinkled throughout the film.

all they show anymore is the 1 minutebefore, theshot itself, pats on back. LAME

Old 12-02-2007, 09:55 AM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

I haven't watched enough of Tred on television to know if he pimps himself or his "Barta Gear" or not. As far as that goes, I said the pimping 3 Rivers does for him turns me off. That's just me though--I could do just fine without a television.

I've been thinking about it, and the one big thing that does really turn me off is his proclamation of "doing it the hard way--theBarta way", as if he invented hunting with a traditional bow. I'm sorry, but I was hunting with a longbow and wood arrows long before I ever heard of him, and there were others--true archery pioneers--that were using this gear before I was born. I have no problem with his claim of "doing it the hard way", buthearing/reading him sayit's the "Barta way" is more irratating than an atomic wedgie. He's chosen to use equipment that others have introduced and proven long before his time--it bugs me that he seems to be trying to take credit for it. I've never read about "Fred Barta" or "Howard Barta" or "Ben Barta" or the "Barta Brothers" or "Art Barta and Saxton Barta" or "Ishi Barta", etc. etc. etc.

Ok, I'm done. Back to your regularly scheduled rant.[8D]

Chad
Old 12-02-2007, 10:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have no problem with his claim of "doing it the hard way", but hearing/reading him say it's the "Barta way" is more irratating than an atomic wedgie.

Getting a wedgie so tight it starts splitting your protons and neutrons, that's pretty darn tough.[:-] But yeah, that does kinda rub me the wrong way too.

Quick Reply: Barta?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.