Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Looking for others

Old 09-16-2007, 04:21 PM

Default Looking for others

Hello all,
I was wondering if there is anyone else out there that would happen to shoot a modified recurve? I shoot the PSE Coyote and I've got to say that it is a joy to shoot. Now having sights, release, stabilizer, & a fast flight string it just makes it all better.

I like this style of shooting as it comes with it's own host of problems and hurdles. It is taking me a fair bit to master this way of shooting, but it is a challenge. I started shooting this way because I just grew bored with shooting a bare bow recurve. I wanted to see what would happen if I added all of these do-dads on my bow, as would be found on a compound, but remain shooting a recurve.

I'm just trying to find out if there are any others out there that have shot this way.
Old 09-17-2007, 05:03 PM

Default RE: Looking for others

You shoot a release on a recurve? I have heard of it before, but never witnessed it. I am looking at the Hoyt gamemaster to buy. I also looked at the coyote as well. Depends how much money I have kicking around when I go to buy I guess.
Old 09-18-2007, 04:52 PM

Hey There! Had to change my user name to BearClaw007. Could not get in other wise. Yeah I actually shoot with the following:

[ul][*]PSE Coyote 50#[*]TopGun F-18 Sights[*]String Peep[*]TRU FIRE Caliper Realease[*]12 inch shock absorber/stabilizer[/ul]I've met a few folks who have shot with the Hoyt Gamemaster. Never tried it myself. I've always shot a Canadian made bow from Chek-Mate. Shot with their bows for a lot of years, but I wanted something that would have more kick and be much more weather proof.

My chekmate has very expensive British Yew wooden limbs and is not as tolerant of weather as my Coyote is. My Chek-mate is a collectors and thus I only take it out in fair weather to shoot. I don't want to risk the limbs delaminating or warpping because of moister.

If you want to talk more you can e-mail me at [email protected]
Cheers

Old 09-19-2007, 06:54 PM

I do like the "hybrids" if you can call them that. They are more appealing to meI guess because I started shooting a compound and have for many years. But, there is a Chek-Mate Hunter 2 at my locak pro shop on sale righ now that I might have to take a look at. I have heard they are a pleasure to shoot. What did those folks say about the gamemaster. I've read every review I could find on the net. You Chek-Mate sounds like an awesomebowand that is probably the best descision to only shoot it in fair weather.
Old 09-30-2007, 05:29 PM

I found a video on youtube about a guy shooting his PSE Coyote. It looks likenice shooter.
Here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lu8hBEUhcE