Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Hoyt recurve?

Old 08-01-2007, 07:42 AM
Dominant Buck

Default Hoyt recurve?

I want a recurve. There....I said it.

Thinking about a Hoyt Gamemaster II......

Any thoughts? Anything I REALLY need to look at (another brand)?

I did a search......got no results.

Thanks!
Old 08-01-2007, 08:23 AM

Default RE: Hoyt recurve?

Try these threads..

http://leatherwall.bowsite.com/tf/lw/threadsx2.cfm
Old 08-01-2007, 08:25 AM
bigcountry

Well, its a very high performance recurve, no doubt. Shoots well, points nice, high speed. Whats important is how you like the feel of the grip.

I myself like longbows. I like wood and the feel of it. For me, if I was going the gamegetter route, I would probably stay with compounds only. But everyone has thier own reasons for shooting what they shoot.

If it feels good in your hands, go for it. Others to look at and feel in that catagory might be DAS Kenectic, and PSE Coyote. I never shot the DAS, but its expensive. I hear decent things about it.

Old 08-01-2007, 08:34 AM
Dominant Buck

The PSE is a lot cheaper.

I don't ever mind saving a bit of money!

Good bow?
Old 08-01-2007, 08:38 AM
bigcountry

The PSE would be an excellent way to get into recurves. That way you can develop you aiming skills, if going instintive, and later figure out exactly what you want. It shot well for me before.

Old 08-01-2007, 08:39 AM
Dominant Buck

After looking at many photos....and thinking about it a little more.....

I think I've changed my mind, AGAIN.

I think I want a longbow. I thought htis last year.....then waffled....waffled some more.....and now I think I'm waffling again.

Hopeless.....soon to be trad guy (part-time)
Old 08-01-2007, 08:45 AM
bigcountry

Honestly, its a vain thing for me. I love the looks of the woods, the lines.

You can get used martin savannahs on Ebay and stickbow.com all day for 300 dollars. I like mine.

Old 08-01-2007, 09:10 AM
Dominant Buck

big....

What do I need to be looking for if I go that route (Martin)? What about other brands? I'm a 29" draw (probably a 28-1/2" if the truth be known). I pull 66lbs, compound.

I want somehting that'll be fun......but I also want to hunt with it.
Old 08-01-2007, 09:39 AM
bigcountry

You will proably pull 27 maybe 27.5 on a longbow. Maybe pull 28" on a recurve. I would recommend 50# max. Maybe even 45#. But if you pull 27" or so on a longbow, I recommend 50# as it will be 47# or so at your draw.

Other brands, is chek mate crusader, which I am interested in. I like my martin but wish it was 4" longer for my hieght and size. For your size, might be great.

If you want to go cheaper, I was fairly impressed with AIM Viper.

Old 08-01-2007, 01:28 PM

I would go 45 lbs max starting out and to be honest, that will be too heavy for you.. 45lbs will blow through any deer that ever walked....

The list of brands is endless and it really boils down to what you are looking for....

It would be an easier transition going from compound to say a gamemaster with a rest and plunger... Then if you want to go even more primative later you could drop the rest, or go to a wood bow..... It really all depends on what you want...

An awesome metal riser bow is the Quinn Stallion and it can be had for $250 or less....

I shoot metal risers in competition but plan to hunt with my Black Widow this year.... Just do what makes YOU happy and don't worry about what others may think of your choice.

Quick Reply: Hoyt recurve?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.