Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Traditional Archery
 Anyone familiar with a Wing recuve? >

Anyone familiar with a Wing recuve?

Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Anyone familiar with a Wing recuve?

Old 07-04-2007, 08:29 AM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Default Anyone familiar with a Wing recuve?

Does anyone know anything about a bow a buddy of mine is looking at?
The bow is a Wing, the model is a gull.
Thanks guys.
Old 07-04-2007, 09:34 AM

Default RE: Anyone familiar with a Wing recuve?

Wing Archery was created by Bob Lee. Mass producing hundreds of bows a day back in the 60's and 70's. Bob Lee Archery just came out with thelatest version of the Wing Recurve for Double Bull Blinds.
Old 07-04-2007, 10:15 AM
Giant Nontypical

The Gull is a good bow - All Wings are good bows though. I'd say they're certainly better than most Pearsons and at least on an even playing field with Bear. The Gull just isn't as popular or well known as the RedWing Hunter.
Old 07-04-2007, 01:51 PM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

I'd say they're certainly better than most Pearsons and at least on an even playing field with Bear.
Art, you know I respect you and realize you have forgotten more about this sport that most of us will ever absorb, but........I have to say I'd take most of the Pearson's I've owned/shot over most any Wing/Bob Lee I've shot, or Bear.

Not to say they aren't good bows, and Bob has one heck of a reputation, it's just personal preferance. I have to admit that, although I never met Mr. Pearson, he's one of the few "icons" of this sport I really admire--based on what I've read and talking to folks that did know him. I'm probably biased due to that.

Chad
Old 07-04-2007, 03:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

That's alright, Chad. I'm the same way with Bear and Wing. Ernie Root, too. I'm also a fan of Ben Pearson, just haven't had much luck with his bows.
Old 07-04-2007, 04:00 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Arthur P

That's alright, Chad. I'm the same way with Bear and Wing. Ernie Root, too. I'm also a fan of Ben Pearson, just haven't had much luck with his bows.
Ernie Root?

I've got one you'd like...

if I get the chance, I'll post pics...
Old 07-05-2007, 07:29 AM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

I've never owned a Root bow, don't know that I've shot one, but I sure would like to after all I've read about them in the last few years. Guess they didn't make it to MS.

Chad
Old 07-07-2007, 04:16 PM

hey all this is what i believe my first post in the trad so hi to all. anyways my dad has been letting me shoot his recurve and it is a Red Wing Pro is that a good model as well... not trying to hijack the post one bit it just reminded me however
Old 07-08-2007, 09:35 AM

Hey Guys,
This is my first post too. I just got the wing gull. Thank you DNK and everyone else for all the info. Ive been shooting compounds for about six years and I'm addicted. Im anxious to get started with thetrad bows now.I hope I dont asked too many stupid questions. Im picking up the bow from my shop tomorrow. Just had theshelf re-done and a new string put on. Iwill be picking up some arrows tomorrow and was wondering if anybody had any input. My bow guy is suggesting goldtips or beemans.

Thanks again
Tim
Old 07-08-2007, 06:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have an old one I still shoot,I can't remember how long I had it but it is from the 60s.
Idon't hunt it anymore as I switched to longbows several years ago.
But it is still in the same condition I bought it, but as any trad bow I don't lean it against the wall i keep them all in racks horizontally and air condition room.

Quick Reply: Anyone familiar with a Wing recuve?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.