Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Traditional Archery
 Takin bow pictures???? >

Takin bow pictures????

Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Takin bow pictures????

Old 06-17-2007, 10:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Takin bow pictures????

well ive been tryin to get some photos of my new bow with a digital Camera....its a Kodak somthing or other with 3 megapixels.

im having a hard time getting the lighting right...but as soon as i figure it out ill get some good ones to post...Maybee i'll take it outdoors and try.
the ones i have are O.k. but im not happy with it....it seems that what you see isnt exactly what you get with these digital cameras...now i kno why i havent bought one yet...

any tips for takin photos of a bow with a digi cam?
im having a hard time with lighting and getting the wood grain to showup, like i can see it, when im not looking thrw the camera. maybee i just need to put the pics on the computer and see what they look like....i'll bet thats it, the detail doesnt show on the little camera lcd.
Old 06-17-2007, 03:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Takin bow pictures????

Yep, the pics look different on a monitor. And when you do bite the bullet, keep in mind that a camera with 4-5 megapixels will take a lot better looking photos than a 3 will. A 3 isn't a junker. It's fine for birthday parties, vacations and such. A 4 or 5 has the resolution to really make the details pop out in your closeup pics.
Old 06-17-2007, 07:26 PM

Well lighting may be different in the picture depending on the flash etc. Buthave to disagree with Arthur Pbecause a 3MP camera is as good as a 4 or 5MP camera when it comes to making/printing 4"x6" photosand not a whole difference when it come to 5"x7" photos. It is when you want to enlarge you photos that's when you want a camera with a larger MP count. Good luck and you will find the right lighting. Also another thing is are you looking at the picture you have taken on the screen of your camera because the way it looks on the screen is nothing to what it will look like when on your computer or printed. Try putting it on your computer and having a look.
Old 06-18-2007, 06:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

I believe a 3mp can take pics as good as a 35mm. There maybe something wrong with the camera. I also have a Kodak (it's a 5mp though). One thing I'd say is that the batteries will go bad and take crappy pictures before the camera lets you know.
Old 06-18-2007, 09:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

i got the pictures now i just need to figure out how to post them...
i cant drag and drop or cut and paste....any suggestions?????? thanks guys
Old 06-19-2007, 06:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

I use photobucket.com to save my pictures (it's free) from my computer. Then I just copy the IMG code from photobucket (located under the picture) and paste it in the reply here on huntingnet.
Old 06-19-2007, 07:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'm not saying a 3 mgp won't take decent pictures. They just don't really bring out the detail like a 5 can.
Old 06-20-2007, 05:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

photobucket is a really nice hosting site.if you don't want to save your pic's in an album,you can use tinypic.com