Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

'Gator Huntin'

Old 03-22-2007, 01:35 PM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

Default 'Gator Huntin'

Anybody here tried it? My friends and I plan to go back to SC next year for pigs again, and if all goes well we will be able to get a gator tag otc. Our host, who is also a game warden, told us it's not really that hard to get an arrow in one.I want to try it once, preferably with no gun. We saw some nice 8-9 footers, and we know there are biggers ones around. Hear that gator tail is goodgroceries, not sure if we will get to keep the hide (or what to do with it if we do). The skull would make a wicked European mount in my shop (got a spot picked out for it already)!

Chad
Old 03-22-2007, 01:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 'Gator Huntin'

We were gonna do that a few years ago but some things came up.That looks like that would be just too cool.Maybe one of these days.
Old 03-22-2007, 05:42 PM
Fork Horn

Our speaker at the United Bowhuntes of KY banquet was Mark Lund from Muzzy, he showed some gator footage that looked pretty cool:-)
Old 03-22-2007, 07:34 PM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

Hadn't thought about Mark--bet he could fill me in. Been trying to plan a bowfishing trip with him for a couple of years, but we can never both get away at the same time.[&o]

Chad
Old 03-23-2007, 07:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

Gator hunting sure sounds fun. I'm going to have to do it sometime. Make sure you let us know how it turns out.
Old 03-23-2007, 08:25 AM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

It will be next spring before it happens, if it happens. I've been wanting to do this for quite a while, had a trip planned a few years ago but it fell through. Got a season in MS (certain areas), but it's very restricted,bowfishing gear is out, and a bang stick is required (at least as I understand it--need to read up on it).

Chad
Old 03-23-2007, 09:00 AM
Giant Nontypical

Wow, I just looked up a few outiftters in Florida. Outfitter hunts are very expensive it seems. Never knew it cost so much.
Old 03-23-2007, 09:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have put in for a draw for aTx archery alligator tag every year for the past three and will continue until I get one.
Old 03-23-2007, 10:44 AM

And my friends thought I was nuts cuz I want to try bowhunting bear!
Old 03-23-2007, 11:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have put in for a draw for aTx archery alligator tag every year for the past three and will continue until I get one.
You know I never pictured Alligators in TX. [:-]

Quick Reply: 'Gator Huntin'

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.