Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Traditional Archery
 How come I didn't do this sooner? >

How come I didn't do this sooner?

Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

How come I didn't do this sooner?

Old 01-30-2007, 04:39 PM

Default RE: How come I didn't do this sooner?

Do any of you guys have a favorite rifle? If so you probably have because it works best for you in the situations that you hunt. Someone out west who hunts a lot of mule deer, shooting at long ranges probably won't prefer the brush gun that I shoot, a 30-30. But for me, a gun that can shoot dimes at 300 yds out of the box is a waste of money. I just don't need that kind of range, where its just the opposite for someone hunting in wide open country out west.

My point is, every situation has its own unique set of variables that calls for different approaches and tactics. Can we all agree on that? Now, going back to the bows, obviously a compound shooter has certain advantages over trad shooters. But it works in reverse as well. If you're a person who likes to do a spot and stalk method of bowhunting in thick woods and brush, you'll probably like the trad bow because of its quick draw/release capabilities. If you hunt out of a tree stand most of the time you won't always need that quick draw and release. You have a little time to draw and get set.
Old 01-30-2007, 05:03 PM

Default RE: How come I didn't do this sooner?

I can see where LBR is coming from about the adavantages/disadvantages of traditional and compound bows. I agree.

That is why I want both. I hunt with a compound because it is more challenging that using a gun.

I want to eventually start hunting with traditional equipment but I realize my chances of maiming an animalwill greatly increase. Sure I could miss or injur an animal with my compound, but its not probable.