Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Traditional Archery
 Somebody recommend a tougher glove? >

Somebody recommend a tougher glove?

Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Somebody recommend a tougher glove?

Old 01-09-2007, 01:46 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Somebody recommend a tougher glove?

mine always went tingly with a glove so I switched to a tab and never regreted it, no more tingly finger tips.
Old 01-10-2007, 08:44 AM

For me it is important to be able to feel the string. The cordovan tipped gloves would not do it. I have settled on a Grizzly deer skin glove. It hasreinforced fingers but it is not so thickas to take the feeling of the string away. Grizzly makes a cowhide on thathas thin fingers that hurt. The Damascas glovehas no protection at all in my opinion.

I usually buy a new glove every year at Denton for $16.00 or so and keep last years model as a spare. I have spareseverywhere. haha. But I like the feel and the protection. My bow is 59lbs and has a 6 strand string of 450+ so it is a thin string.
Old 01-10-2007, 09:48 AM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

Missedagain, that same thought kept me away from cordovan tipped gloves for years, even when I shot tournaments with 82#. I tried a few, but only for a little while, and gave up on them. Finally a friend talked me into trying the ABS Super Glove. Again, I was dissapointed, but he told me it took a while to break in so I stuck with it, and now I love it. I don't get as much of a feel for the string, but I get enough and my shooting (especially my release) improved. I'm shooting a [email protected] longbow now.

I also use an ABS Skookum glove, but only with my selfbow. Not sure what the difference is, but I get a better release with it on that bow--go figure.

Chad
Old 01-10-2007, 03:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

I just got the Big Shot this year and I've been pleased with it. My Neet glove left my fingers hurting after even a short session. No problems now. Hope you like the new glove.
Old 01-11-2007, 07:48 AM
COB

Yes sir. It's called a Saunders Tab. Shot the same one for years now!
Old 01-11-2007, 10:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: BobCo19-65
If you get one, make sure if fits real tight at first, make sure you soak it in water and use it while wet for a few days. Follow up with sno-seal. Some people like montana pitch, but I find it sticky.
do you do those things to speed up break in process??
Old 01-11-2007, 10:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

Sure do. I keep soaking the glovein water and try to shootit every two hours or so (maybe a dozen times a session). Then put it back into the water. Do that all weekend and the glove will pretty much be shaped to your hand and string correctly. Then I use sno-seal after every session for a while . I also use a hair dryer to keep the leather warm, and melt the snow seal. It'll help open up the leather to let the sno-seal in.

Besides the Bateman and Howard Hill mentioned, I also did this with a superglove and it worked well (it also has cordovan leather). Cordovan leather is about all I'll use with gloves. It really does not get any groves in it, or maybe I should say it is hard to get groves in it.Groves will aid in plucking the string. The inserts also prevents that (groves).

Old 01-11-2007, 11:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: BobCo19-65

Sure do. I keep soaking the glovein water and try to shootit every two hours or so (maybe a dozen times a session). Then put it back into the water. Do that all weekend and the glove will pretty much be shaped to your hand and string correctly. Then I use sno-seal after every session for a while . I also use a hair dryer to keep the leather warm, and melt the snow seal. It'll help open up the leather to let the sno-seal in.

Besides the Bateman and Howard Hill mentioned, I also did this with a superglove and it worked well (it also has cordovan leather). Cordovan leather is about all I'll use with gloves. It really does not get any groves in it, or maybe I should say it is hard to get groves in it.Groves will aid in plucking the string. The inserts also prevents that (groves).

TOO much work for mei'll just use mine...when i get new ones i just wear it around the house every chance i get.
Old 01-11-2007, 09:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

Got the glove today....nicely made and whoooooooooeeeee is she a stiffy.

Definitely much nicer on the fingers but can't feel a thing that's going on with the string yet. LOL (And the large seems like a perfect fit as I have to push my fingers to the tips)
I will probably mess around on Sunday breaking it in.
Also picked up a patch of seal skin and changed out the suede rest and strike plate on my longbow........nice stuff too. very slick.

(Oh and picked up a DVD about shooting and a new tube of barge cement.......I'm half scared to death to open up the 3 Rivers Print catalog they sent with the order. Damn them.)

I'm am soooooooooo trying to fight the wooden arrow urge. [:-]
Old 01-11-2007, 09:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

He he... Yep, I got my new 3Rivers catalog in the mail yesterday... Don't they know what they're going to do to my bank account one of these days!

Quick Reply: Somebody recommend a tougher glove?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.