Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Traditional Archery
 hoyts GameMaster2, any good for a beginer wane be bowhunter??? >

hoyts GameMaster2, any good for a beginer wane be bowhunter???

Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

hoyts GameMaster2, any good for a beginer wane be bowhunter???

Old 01-01-2007, 07:58 PM

Default hoyts GameMaster2, any good for a beginer wane be bowhunter???

I gues im really a newbie to bows. when I was young dad got me a recurve bow, it didnt pull much but just enough to go "hunting" birds (more like terrorising them) around the yard. I dont know where that old bow went to but now Id like to get a good recurve bow for hunting. I just saw this one on the hoyte web site and was wondering if it was a good one. any help is appreciated. thanks!!
Old 01-01-2007, 07:59 PM

Default RE: hoyts GameMaster2, any good for a beginer wane be bowhunter???

Old 01-01-2007, 08:01 PM

I forgot to mention, im not looking too spend too much on a new bow, maybe $200 for the bow. hopefully this thing is long enough to shoot fingers.
Old 01-02-2007, 09:53 AM

I have the GameMaster in the brown and black model and it is a sweet bow.It is a 62" bow i believe.If your looking to spend only 200.00 on that bow your gonna be getting a used one.Good luck
Old 01-02-2007, 10:03 AM

whats a new one go for?? ever see how fast it shoots?? could a wisker buskit be mounted to it for a rest or is the hole in the picture just good enough for the plastic flipper rest??
Old 01-02-2007, 11:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

I looked at one that was used and they still wanted over 200 for it...So I bought the PSE Kudu insted......Guess I wanted more of a trad look in a take down...
Old 01-02-2007, 12:32 PM

I like the Gamemaster.

A whisker biscuit ? Are you going to shoot a release ? I shot mine off a seasl skin shelf, shot really nice bare shafts

$325-350 for a used Gamemaster in camo, maybe $50 less for maple limbs
Old 01-02-2007, 12:56 PM

I paid 425.00 for mine and love it.I have shot mine with the Bisker Whisket just for Sh.. and giggles and it shot reasonably well.I did not do any in depth testing but it shot pretty well i must say.The only problem is that you may catch a lot of flack from the Trad shooters.When i was at the range with mine i heard a bunch of crap about using a rest on a recurve,so i left.I have my own indoor range now and you can be assured i will be using the biquit on it next year and yes i shot it with fingers.
Old 01-02-2007, 01:51 PM

unless those "trad" guys has bows they themselves made from osage, I'd have talked some smack back

paying someone to build you a bow with African woods, fiberglass, high tech resins, FF tips, string and all CNC balanced and machined etc etc ? Thats not a whole lot more "traditional" than bear making the aluminum bows in , waht was it, 1955 or something ?

puhlease !!

Black Widows are the LEAST custom made of todays "trad" bows and one of the most sought after.

Old 01-02-2007, 04:51 PM

yeah I was thinking fingers (useing a tab or glove ofcourse) but wanted some thing good for a rest on it. and I have a wisker buiskit lying around not being used so thats why I asked, LOL

Quick Reply: hoyts GameMaster2, any good for a beginer wane be bowhunter???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.