Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Traditional Archery
 AWESOME BROWNING COBRA 1 RECURVE >

AWESOME BROWNING COBRA 1 RECURVE

Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

AWESOME BROWNING COBRA 1 RECURVE

Old 12-24-2006, 04:25 PM

Default AWESOME BROWNING COBRA 1 RECURVE

i was shooting my compound at this hunting and fishing club my dad and i beling to when the care taker noticed that i was left handed. he asked me if i wanted a recurve he had laying around. the problem was that it was 55# and i was currently shooting 38#. he offered my dad 20$ for this BRowning cobra 1. my dad noticed the limbs were a bit twisted so he talked him down to 10$. we braught it home and steamed the limbs and now they are perfectly straight. the bow is in perfect condition. we found that we got quite a deal when we were told it was worth about 175$.it is an amazing bo. i was wondering if you guys knew anything about them.(pics coming soon)
Old 12-25-2006, 09:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: AWESOME BROWNING COBRA 1 RECURVE

ok i need to know how do you steam the limbs. What does that mean. I have not ben in recurves long and would like to know. I am going to start buying and selling recurves and if i get one twisted a little i want to know how to fix it.
Old 12-26-2006, 07:13 AM

Default RE: AWESOME BROWNING COBRA 1 RECURVE

I've never steamed limbs to twist them back, but have used hot water

the limbs are made of fiberglass and glues. Use a clamp and something like a cloth to keep from scrathing the limb, and then run hot water over the limb (or soak in hot water) until the limb is hot and becomes pliable. Twist the twisted limb in the opposite direction, hold and allow to cool. After it cools I'd string it, draw and see that the string tracks well, and then allows to coll strung for 24 hours before shooting.