Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Traditional Archery
 Any WARF shooters out there? >

Any WARF shooters out there?

Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Any WARF shooters out there?

Old 11-06-2006, 10:36 AM

Default Any WARF shooters out there?

For some unknown reason to me, I've had the hankering to try a warfed bow as of late... I'm not sure where those feelings came from b/c a few months ago I would not have dared try a metal riser bow.... Just didn't appeal to me, at all....

Long story short, I bought 2 this weekend.. I hope to have them by the end of the week....

Anyone out there tried these contraptions?
Old 11-06-2006, 12:55 PM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Any WARF shooters out there?

Never tried one, but I've heard a lot of good things about them. I know an old guy that made one years ago (long before I ever heard of Warf, or had the interenet). I thought he was nuts--shows how much I know.

Good luck!

Chad
Old 11-07-2006, 06:59 AM
Typical Buck

Yep, had one for a good bit. It was a converted bear black bear riser with KAP carbon limbs. I hunted with it last season. Great shooting bow. I sold because I love to compete in 3D and in a bunch of local shoots, it wasn't legal for the traditional classes.
Old 11-07-2006, 07:47 AM
Giant Nontypical

I've got an old Hoyt SuperSlam that I've kinda been thinking about getting Warfed. Thatriser is one of my all time favorites and I'd love to get it made into a recurve. Some day.[&:]
Old 11-07-2006, 08:43 AM

I've got a Hoyt Rambo with KAP carbon limbs (62" 43#@28")that was warfed by Bob Gordon. Set up with a NAP Flipper II rest and Cartel button and 7oz of lead in lower limb pocket. It's a sweet shooter, balances perfectly in the hand,and deadly silent without any silencing aids.
Old 11-08-2006, 05:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Anyone have a picture of a 'Warfed' bow?
Old 11-09-2006, 03:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

I don't have any photos of one. Picture a compound converted to a recurve and you get the idea.
Old 11-10-2006, 03:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Arthur P

I don't have any photos of one. Picture a compound converted to a recurve and you get the idea.

Gotcha.
Old 11-11-2006, 11:44 PM
Typical Buck

I knew I had some pictures on file somewhere.
Old 11-12-2006, 04:01 AM
Giant Nontypical

I don't know why, Floxter,but I read right through your post and never engaged my brain. [&:]Looking at the pics Chris posted jogged whatever remaining functional brain cells I've got. [8D]

There was a 62" recurveversion of the Rambo called the Ram Reflex. You could even buy it as a switcheroo, with a set of compound limbs and a set of recurve limbs. I had one and it was a terrific shooting bow. It shot a faster arrow than any of the compounds on the market at the time. Got my first Robin Hood with that Ram Reflex, at 55 yards.

I sold it on advice from a Hoyt rep. Said it wasn't meant to be drawn more than 30" and I was drawing 33" (pulling 70# limbs to 89#). He flatoutsaid it was going to blow up on me.

Quick Reply: Any WARF shooters out there?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.