Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

At Last!

Old 06-29-2006, 07:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default At Last!

My bow came in the mail today. If you all remember I ordered a Chek Mate Falcon Special from Chad (LBR) at recurves.com. It is #53@28" greybark. I love it. This is all very new to me, but I can tell you that I have not been this excited since I started bow hunting. It came about 1:00 p.m. this afternoon and that pretty much ended my work day . I spent the rest of the afternoon shooting. I would shoot 20-30 arrows, go in the house and relax a bit, then go out and shoot again. I am starting close, 10 yds., and just concentrating on my form. I am having a ball and my accuracy is even a little better than I thought it would be. The bow is super quiet and dead in the hand.
As I stated in my other post, I cannot speak highly enough of Chad. He is first class all the way. He put up with numerous phone calls and "rookie" questions. The bow was packed better than anything I have ever received in the mail and the custom string looks awesome. I highly recommend doing business with him. I tried to post the pictures of the bow that he e-mailed me, but Photo Bucket won't let me upload them. Since I don't have a digital camera I am out of luck.
Sorry this is so long, but I am just pumped. I am sure I will have plenty of questions for all of you as I shoot this thing more and more.
Old 06-30-2006, 06:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: At Last!

Sounds great! I'm very happy for you. Still waiting on my King's Pawn, looking forward to getting it.

Send me a pic e-mail and I'll try to load it up!

Old 07-02-2006, 08:42 AM
Typical Buck

Congrats on the new bow. Let's see, I've only got 3-4 more months until mine gets here. Oh well, I'm sure it'll go fast.
Old 07-05-2006, 05:44 PM

rdy2hnt,
Good luck with your new bow! I have a Falcon Special I bought from Chad last year , I really like the way it draws and shoots. I have thousands of shots through LBR's string, it still looks new!