Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

My recurve

Old 05-21-2006, 11:32 AM
Banned

Default My recurve

I had a friend that is a bowyer build this custom takedown recurve about 6 years ago for $180. It isa 60# bow.I killed a doe with it the first year I had it. I bought blank shafts last year and am getting back into traditional now. I fletched these and crested them myself with paint. I am good out to 20 yds but after that it all goes to heck on me. I admit that I don't shoot it enough. I have a Hoyt Trykon and it gets all my attention as did my old Hoyt Xtec. Compounds are so easy and the traditional takes alot of skill IMO. I have been told that it is like throwing a baseball; just do it.

Old 05-21-2006, 11:33 AM
Banned

Default RE: My recurve

Another pic

Old 05-22-2006, 06:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

Nice stuff!

I'm kind of surprised that the bug didn't bite you, or at least not too hard, or at least yet.
Old 05-22-2006, 06:51 AM
Dominant Buck

very nice.
Old 05-22-2006, 12:02 PM

I like it
Old 05-22-2006, 02:03 PM

Nice 'curve!
Old 05-22-2006, 07:59 PM

put away the compound for a while and try to forget about it. i did it a few months ago (and i was a great shot with it) when i first shot a recurve. the recurve was too fun to put down even though i couldnt hit anything. no sights, no rests, no stuff to worry about messing up and you dont need to close or squint one eye.. i havnt shot my hoyt dynatec for about 5 months and am ready to sell it and buy a good recurve. it will take time and lots of practice but eventually you will be a good shot maybe as good asthe compound. nice bow by the way.
Old 05-22-2006, 09:18 PM
Banned

Thanks guys..I have been shooting it the last couple of days. It is a lot of fun. It really shoots nice and is very quiet. I am going to get into it. I have been using a tab, but I am thinking of trying a glove. What do you all use?The compound is too easy and it's time to master this traditional archery.....well I don't know about mastering it..but I would sure like to get my skill factor way up there.
Old 05-23-2006, 06:53 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have been using a tab, but I am thinking of trying a glove. What do you all use?
I must have tried everything, and am still looking for the perfect glove. I like using a tab, butI need more protection then what is offered. Currently, I am using a bateman glove with inserts, but it is noisy for some reason. However, I have just custom ordered an american leatherbig shot elk with custom inserts sown in.
Old 05-24-2006, 07:33 AM

That is how trad fever starts out. at first ya just look at it, then ya shoot it a few times , then you just can not put it down. thenall ya think about is that bow day and night.congratulations. My only advise is start close 5yards. practice form,form,form,form,form,form untill ya do the same thing every time then move to 10yards and do the samething. but most importantly have fun. They say trad bows are like riding a bike. first ya start with training wheels then ya take em off never to use em again

Quick Reply: My recurve

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.