Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Pork chops anyone?

Old 05-05-2006, 10:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Pork chops anyone?

So you got two! Double congrats!
Old 05-05-2006, 11:28 AM

Great job ,great story. May this be the first of many trad kills (or harvests)for ya
Old 05-08-2006, 08:08 AM
Dominant Buck

very nice, congrats.
Old 05-08-2006, 08:20 AM
Dominant Buck

he was tagged out.....
Tagged out in Texas, the outfitter must set the limit, because there is no limit on hogs in Texas, they are an exotic. Most people down here want you to take as many as you can shoot.
Old 05-08-2006, 08:26 AM

That is COOOOOL. I would love to hunt them one day, I just have to wait for one of the Russians to excape from the pig farm by my deer hunting grounds.

I would like some Bacon and sausage please.

Old 05-08-2006, 08:37 AM

ORIGINAL: burniegoeasily

he was tagged out.....
Tagged out in Texas, the outfitter must set the limit, because there is no limit on hogs in Texas, they are an exotic. Most people down here want you to take as many as you can shoot.
Yeah, it was a form of expression..... The outfitter set it at 2 per hunter.... I'm glad too, b/c I was worn out and ready to get my butt back to MS!
Old 05-08-2006, 11:46 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: Double Creek

ORIGINAL: burniegoeasily

he was tagged out.....
Yeah, it was a form of expression..... The outfitter set it at 2 per hunter.... I'm glad too, b/c I was worn out and ready to get my butt back to MS!
I can relate. The last hog I arrowed took me a few hours of stalking to get on, then when I downed him, I had about a mile to get him back. He was a little over 250lbs. I got a buddy to come help me drag him out. It was a pain in the butt. Id thought of quartering him, but since i had a buddy, I thought one long hard trip would be better than several easy ones.
Old 05-08-2006, 12:51 PM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

Hogs are tough, no doubt. They really don't have good eyesight, but can pick out movement and their noses are top-notch. I did my first spot-and-stalk hog hunt in GA earlier this year. Three of us only got one small one in two days of hunting (just couldn't get on them--they were there). The cool thing is all three of us shot him, and all three made a killing shot--the little sucker just didn't know he was dead! Plan to go back next Feb. when it's cooler--a fellow down there took us on his hunting lease (several hundred acres), plus he owns another 400+ acres on the river there. Hope to stay longer this time, and maybe use a little bit of what we learned and kill more. Dang tough hunting, but a lot of fun!

Chad
Old 05-08-2006, 07:40 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: LBR

Hogs are tough, no doubt. They really don't have good eyesight, but can pick out movement and their noses are top-notch. I did my first spot-and-stalk hog hunt in GA earlier this year. Three of us only got one small one in two days of hunting (just couldn't get on them--they were there). The cool thing is all three of us shot him, and all three made a killing shot--the little sucker just didn't know he was dead! Plan to go back next Feb. when it's cooler--a fellow down there took us on his hunting lease (several hundred acres), plus he owns another 400+ acres on the river there. Hope to stay longer this time, and maybe use a little bit of what we learned and kill more. Dang tough hunting, but a lot of fun!

Chad
Yea. They do notice tall objects, but if you squat or crawl, they never know you are there. Be sure to play the wind, they do have great noses. I usually shot about 5 to 6 hogs a year. My land is eat up with them. This is the last one I arrowed on a spot and stalk. He was a little over 250lbs.