Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Form help????

Old 04-24-2006, 02:14 PM

Default RE: Form help????

Yeah, that too Arthur... If I read McKinney right, he basically was saying once you're dedicated to the shot, you are concentrating so hard on the spot you want to hit, you simply allow your self to follow through, which includes the release.... Any conscience effort to release is a bad thing in his views....... Interesting stuff and I have to read it several times to really get what he is trying to say.... A lot of it is the same things we always say, he just makes it simple to understand..... I don't know if you've read his book, but it is great.. He basically breaks down the key areas of form and gives his perspective as well as the perspective of the other country's olympic archers.... Good stuff.... What I like best about it is he is a keep it simple type of guy....
Old 04-24-2006, 02:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Form help????

Follow through to me is basically two things.It consists ofholding the bow up on target and keeping the head in the exact position upon release till the arrow gets to the target.This is anexagerateddeliberate piece of form. There is a slight forward movement in the bow arm that is non-voluntary, but for the most part, you have to hold the bow arm up. Some (probably most) believe that release hand and arm are also part of the follow through, but I don't sinceI consider thisnon-voluntary movement that happens as a direct result of back tension which should not tried to be controled.