Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Traditional Archery
 Bohning fletch tape??? >

Bohning fletch tape???

Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Bohning fletch tape???

Old 03-24-2006, 07:28 AM

Default Bohning fletch tape???

I have justrecently beganusing the bohning fletch tape, and have been really happy with how much easier and faster it is to work with. I was recently at a 3-D shoot and had a couple different people tell me that my feathers will come loose when the weather warms up, has anybody had any bad experiences with the fletch tape?

Old 03-24-2006, 07:41 AM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Bohning fletch tape???

I'm in MS, where it gets mighty hot during the summer, and I've been using it for years with no problems. I've shot tournaments in GA, TN, AL, TX, IN, and FL during the summer with arrows fletched with the tape, and they have held up just fine.

Chad
Old 03-24-2006, 07:46 AM

Thank you, LBR,
i really did not want to go back to the fletch glue!!! I am so impressed withhow easy the tape is to use. RobinHood36
Old 03-24-2006, 08:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

I've used nothing but fletch tape for the past 4 years. I won't willingly fletch with glue again. The tape is just too easy and too good. No telling who you heard such nonsense from, but I've shot tape fletched arrows in weather as cold as 10 degrees and dry, up to and including 118 degree weather with 80% humidity - even in soaking rain - and have had ZERO problems.

However, I have found that I get better adhesion when I let freshly fletched arrows sit overnight before using them.
Old 03-24-2006, 08:58 AM

What exactly is fletch tape? I don't guess I've ever seen it...
Old 03-24-2006, 09:07 AM
Giant Nontypical

O! Ye of little education! [8D]It's double sticky tape, STRONG double sticky tape, cut to just the right width to slap on the quill of a feather and stick it on an arrow.

http://www.bohning.com/store/product_info.php?cPath=23&products_id=17
Old 03-24-2006, 09:39 AM

Us po' folk just use super glue from the five and dime........ [8D]
Old 03-24-2006, 03:31 PM

I have just started using it but I am impressed with it. I can do a 1/2 doz in no time flat. Will just have to wait and see about how durable it is. but so far so good. jmho
Old 10-05-2007, 11:09 AM

I noticed it's called "Feather Fletching Tape" on the Bohning website. Does that mean it's only for use with feathers? I use vanes, will it still work? Has anyone used it with vanes?
Old 10-05-2007, 02:32 PM
Typical Buck

Doesn't work as good with vanes; tried it once with my wife's Blazers and Vanetecs. I've never had it slip in the heat either. It makes it much easier to repair one fletch at a time and you don't have to scrape glue off. I've shot some through hay bales and they came out the other side all intact. Heard of some putting a dab of glue at the front and back for added insurance, but I haven't found the need myself.

Quick Reply: Bohning fletch tape???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.