Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Traditional Archery
 Barta, is he with PETA or what. >

Barta, is he with PETA or what.

Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Barta, is he with PETA or what.

Old 03-18-2006, 06:54 AM

Default Barta, is he with PETA or what.

Did anyone catch Bartas new show? I have never seen a more all out display of lack of any ethics or brains for that mater.

For those who didnt see it he was in Nefundland on a woodland caraboo hunt, he shot i think 6 times. The shots ranged from 35 to 50 yards with a good wind. He missed on all the shots, all clean missed but still misses. He is luckey he didnt hit one in thebutt, or guts.One shot I saw was around 45 yardswith good wind and theboo wason a dead run, who takes a shot like that. The only hunter I can think ofwho could make a shoot like that is Biron and I dont think he wouldhave takenthat shoot.

Ionce liked Barta and thought he was good for the sport, now I know different and amstarting to think he is a PETA agentworking to givehunters a bad name. If I would have ran into him after watching that show I would have put hime in a sleeper hold and the gave him apurpl nurpal.

Down with BARTA
Old 03-18-2006, 07:30 AM

Default RE: Barta, is he with PETA or what.

I saw it. at the beginning of the show, he saidhe would not shoot farther than 15 or 20 yards. ten minutes later he said he was going to shoot at 45 and he did and took a running shot! What is his draw weight?
Old 03-18-2006, 07:54 AM

24/7, I am not sure what his draw weight is but he could pull 200lbs andit wouldnt mater. A sholder, gut, leg, ....... is not akill shootand anything less then an exploding head will notdo the job on a hit like this.I didnt catch the part were he said he wouldnt shoot over 20 yards, what a guy.
Old 03-18-2006, 08:26 AM
Giant Nontypical

I guess that's why the title of his show is "the Best and Worst of Tred Barta."

I don't watch hunting shows much and only caught one shot as I was channel surfing. I knew as soon as I saw the shot angle that there was gonna be a 'Screw Barta' thread or two this morning. [&:]
Old 03-18-2006, 08:44 AM

I thought the same thing AP, I figured I might as well draw first blood on Barta. I dont think that stuff should make it to TV. His show was the only one I realy liked now what do I have, still wating to see some of those Fred Bear vids you like so much. A freing of mine has a bunch of them but never remembes to bring them when he comes up here.
Old 03-18-2006, 08:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

dont forget he does things the "hard way".....[&:]
Old 03-18-2006, 09:56 AM

I think he was just "showing off" He knew he couldn't hit anything running and at 45 yards.
He just wanted to make the newbies think he could, had to put something on film other than stocking a boo.
Old 03-21-2006, 07:13 AM

He is one of those guys where it is all about the ratings and how many watch him. I see no real sporstman in him. Gives all of us a bad name when the anti's get a hold of it. (Sigh)
Old 03-21-2006, 08:02 AM
Boone & Crockett

I do not think I have ever posted here in the Traditional forum but when I saw this post listed I just had to come in and say my two cents. I have more disdain for Tred Barta than any other hunting TV personality...including Ted Nugent. In my opinion his attitude and behavior is detrimental to not only bowhunting but hunting in general. They should yank his show.
Old 03-21-2006, 05:52 PM
Typical Buck

Tred's not PETA, he's a completely different kind of idiot than that.

Quick Reply: Barta, is he with PETA or what.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.