Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Traditional Archery
 Need help and can't find it >

Need help and can't find it

Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Need help and can't find it

Old 01-21-2006, 09:54 PM
Spike

Default Need help and can't find it

I want to make a bow or two, but am not trying to use traditional methods. I have perfectly good wood working tools in my garage and don't want to go out and buy a bunch of traditional ones. My problem is, all the bows I find are from Buy-only plans/books and all use the same tools/ theory that will take too much work and frustration. I just want a bow for shooting rabbits and other small things, since I would never even attempt to with my Buckmaster compound. I heard somewhere of a site that even shows you how to make a bow from a 2x4! Any help would be greatly appreciated and very well could pull me from my compound as I am kinda disenchanted with stand hunting/compounds (doesn't really seem like hunting to me).
Old 01-21-2006, 10:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Need help and can't find it

Here are a couple of sites that can help you. They both have info on making bows from boards, as well as a great deal of other info.

http://groups.msn.com/ferretsarcherywebpage
http://mysite.verizon.net/georgeandjoni/archer.html
Old 01-22-2006, 11:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

arthur p. do you know of any other websites that give instructions on how to make a board bow. that seems really interesting and im starting to really think about making one in a woodworkin class at school. if you have any others i would really appreciate that. thank you.
Old 01-22-2006, 12:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

Those are the only two I know of. I don't know what else you'd want to know though. Those two pretty much say it all.
Old 01-22-2006, 02:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

i went to the mysite one(the other one didnt work for me) and some of the things were kinda confusing. but im seriously startin to think about makin one for a target bow. but thank you anyways for the original two.