Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Traditional Archery
 Hey,guys I got something to say >

Hey,guys I got something to say

Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Hey,guys I got something to say

Old 11-29-2005, 05:16 AM
Typical Buck

Default Hey,guys I got something to say

Many of you are tradgangers and thats great. Some of you Probley No me from there. Just letting you know I will no longer be posting or going to that site.

Some of you may remember I was banned from that site for a couger pic. well , if you remember Fine if not its not worth diggin up , apperantly this even thow it was a year ago. It is still a big problem with people over there and 90% of the things I post gets pulled off the board before any one even see's it.

The things that were left on the board, I was chastised by One particular Mod. The same one who created the couger stink.

The mods don't respond to pms or anything from me. So Im done with that site.

This is my new home for trad archery if you all will have me.

Thanks For all the help over this year Chad. If Itick you off let me know LOL

*minor edit, in case my son decides to read this*
Old 11-29-2005, 06:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Hey,guys I got something to say

I haven't been over there much since they started actively asking for donations. Since I'm not going to give them any money, it's only fair that I don't play on their site. Sounds like they're winding up doing the same exact things that got them ticked off enough to leave the Leatherwall and start their own place.
Old 11-29-2005, 08:17 AM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

Sorry to hear that Rich, but glad you are sticking with us! Don't worry--if you aggravate me, I'll let you know! lol I will reply to any e-mails or pm's I get also--if at any time I don't, there will be a reason--either my computer is down, I'm away, or I just didn't get the message.

I still don't get it about the cougar pic. I remember I either posted or pm'd those guys about that--you sent a pic or two to me, and were up-front about it from the get-go. Regardless of what weapon you used, that was an animal to be proud of!

I'm not trying to make excuses for them, but I do know from my experience here that there's a lot that goes on "behind the scenes" that makes it hard to know just what to do, and moderators have to make a call based on what they know or their gut feelings--and obviously that isn't always the right call.

Yeah, I've seen some of the same things happen there that happened on the LW--primarily cliques, "hero" worship, certain brands getting the lion's share of the publicity because certain people like them, etc. I haven't seen it get anywhere near what was going on "over there" when I was told to take a hike. They still stick to the rule of keeping it civil, which I do like. When a board gets that big, some things are just going to happen, and you can't stop it. That's one of the reasons I like this board so much--I'd like to see it grow more, but at the same time I'd hate for it to get too big because of the side-effects that will come with that growth. I've been asked to be a mod over there a couple of times, but I had to say "no thanks". IMO, they have too many on each board to avoid confusion; but I don't know if just a few could handle the job. Classic "Catch 22" with that situation. Besides that, I would have probably gotten banned, because I'd have trashed quite a few things that I've seen let go--lol. It's hard to do, but I try not to play favorites with anyone. It's super hard to do here sometimes, because I call many of you "friend", and I don't want to make anyone mad (at least not here--lol).

While we're at it, if anyone thinks I made a bad call, just bring it to my attention and we'll talk about it. If I goof, I'll do my best to make it right.

Chad
Old 11-29-2005, 08:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Rich, I just went back and read your last 4 threads there. I was around when the cougar thing happened, and also thought it was blown way out of proportion.

That said, while I can't comment on pulled threads, from the outside looking in I didn't read anything in those threads, from a regular poster or mod, that I interpretted as negative. Perhaps you are still a bit sensitive and possibly looking for negatives with a skeptical view?

It's human nature to do so. Don't sweat it. I really like this board, but there is a wealth of different knowlege available there, and between the two and a few others I browse, my knowledge in trad things has grown by leaps and bounds.

And I've never been asked to donate money. Until this thread, I didn't even know they did that
Old 11-29-2005, 12:49 PM

Just thought I would say Hello, I don't post much here but I am around as well so I figured I would post. I don't recall the Cougar post. I had a post pulled there once and have had a few "discussions", also had one pulled on LW but they all were OK experiences. Not saying I agreed, but being a moderator is probably a tough job. Knowing Chad, I am sure he will do a fine job.
Bill
Old 11-29-2005, 01:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

And I've never been asked to donate money. Until this thread, I didn't even know they did that
Range, that was at least a year, maybe two years, ago they came up with that. Made a big deal of it at the time but it might have dried up and blown away by now. Besides that, it got to where I could start typing a reply and wind up with 10-15 guys posting ahead of me by the time I posted. So, withthat many folks over there, I figuredmy input wasn'tneeded very much anyway.
Old 11-29-2005, 04:13 PM
Typical Buck

Thanks Guy's, There was nothing posted on the board that was negitve but I guess what po'd me was I had posted some trad related stuff and it still got pulled, A certin Mod WHo shall remain name less has more than once trashed me for no reason and I found out about it threw a friend. I can read between the lines enuff to know what is going on. I just don't need this crap. I am pretty new to trad archery and I am learning. Chad has helped me more than any of the guys on the forum and He dosen't even post there very much. It really got bad WHEN SOMEBODY Posted that they were back after a long time and I was the cause of them leaveing. Since then I have gottn some nasty e-mails from some members. I guess it brought up a bad tast in someones mouth and they spread it around. Again. I make now apolagies for shooting that cat with a compound Bow. Its was before I picked up the Recurve And was the reason I switched to a trad bow. There are some great guys On that site. but there are way to many better than you types too. So much so that it kind of leaves a bad tast in your mouth.
Old 11-29-2005, 05:53 PM

I like to go to those sites for info and to see what kinds of bows people build. If I just want to talk to some guys I come here. The guys on here have realy helped me out over the past year. I wouldnt be as far along in my shooting if it wasnt for all the tipsI have taken away from here. I feel like I know alittle about the people on this site andhope they have gotten to know me a little. The other sites it seems like the avarage guy gets lost in the mix.

I still think we should all gettogether and shoot alittle, yah it would be imposible but fun.
Old 11-29-2005, 05:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

There is no need to apologize to anyone for having used a compound. Truth be known, 99.99% of all traditional shooters - including'those guys' -have previously soiled themselves with a compound. Pots calling kettles black. That's what it boils down to.
Old 11-29-2005, 06:26 PM
COB

Rich ifan u don't b a home boy dadon't no reason to b going to da hood!

Quick Reply: Hey,guys I got something to say

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.