Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Traditional Archery
 looking for a back quiver >

looking for a back quiver

Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

looking for a back quiver

Old 10-26-2005, 07:15 PM

Default looking for a back quiver

I am looking for a back quiver, but I don't want to spend alot of money just in case I don't like it, the cheapest onethe archery shop I go to is $90cdn I checked ebay and the selection is slim and there are now on the classifieds on this site so if anyone has one or knows a good place to get a nice but inexspensive let me know. Thanks guys
Old 10-26-2005, 07:37 PM

Default RE: looking for a back quiver

I see that cabelas has some for around $50 bucks. Look to be ok
Old 10-26-2005, 08:08 PM

There's a kit at 3rivers for $43 bucks you could put together. I had a side of leather around and I made one that looks a lot like it. It's not all that hard. I made my lacing and had to draw a pattern to cut from, but if everything was pretty much done and you just had to put it all together it would be easy. Maybe make it feel more like your own? Not totally sure, but I think that much leather would set you back almost that much if you didn't already have it around or was buying it wholesale. Heck, for the price these things are going for maybe I should start making them!!!

Oh yeah, but I don't like it....hahaha I'm going to modify it some and make a haning side quiver out of it....Back quivers just get on my nerves.Look cool, but don't suit me. hmmm wonder if I have enough leather here for one of those HH quivers on 3rivers. That thing looks like it would work well..... dang it, now you got me looking and thinking.[>:]
Old 10-29-2005, 02:05 PM

Look for Rhude Traditional Archery on ebay. They have some really nice back quivers for a reasonable price. I like the one that they have for $61.99. It has a knife sheath and file sheath and 3 point strap. Heres a link to their back quiver page http://stores.ebay.com/Rhude-Traditional-Archery_Traditional-Back-Quivers_W0QQcolZ4QQdirZ1QQftidZ2QQtZkm I'd buy one of these, but I already ordered a custom back quiver from Frank and Michelle Skukanec in Wisconsin. Hope this helps.
Old 10-29-2005, 11:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

You can make a back quiver out of an old pair of jeans. Cut off one leg and stitch it closed at the bottomand there's the tube part of thequiver. Get an old leather purse down at the Goodwill store for a few bucks, cut an oval shaped piece out of it and stuff that down in the bottom to keep the points from poking thru the cloth. Then cut a strap from the other leg and stitch that on. There'syour quiver.

Works real well for field points and blunts but I wouldn't use it for totin' broadheads.[:-]

Use it for awhile, then if you like it, you can unstitch it and use the parts for a pattern to make one out of leather. You'll never be able to buy a quiver cheaper than you can make one and, like Chris said, it's real easy to make one.