Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

It can't be !

Old 09-21-2005, 08:20 AM

Default It can't be !

I am more accurate with my recurve ! Just back inside after shooting about 50 shots from my recurve ( first time ). Now here is why I think I am more accurate: I am left eye dominant but right handed. When I shoot the recurve I am able to keep both eyes open , somehow the arrow goes where I am looking , figure that out. All it took was just a half hour with the recurve and now I wanna sell my compound for a long bow. The pro at my local shop has a line on a black widow for me. His buddy is upgrading and selling the BW. Boy , I hope its soon. Traditional got me , hook , line & sinker. Going back out now. Any insight as to why I am able to group better with the recurve. I'm guessing its because I can shoot with both eyes open now.
Old 09-21-2005, 08:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: It can't be !

Could be you're a natural recurve shooter and never knew it until you actually picked one up and played with it. I think it's likely there are a lot of people like that, but will never know because they won't try.

I tried to warn you about traditional. When the bug bites, you're done for.
Old 09-21-2005, 08:44 AM

Default RE: It can't be !

Could be you're a natural recurve shooter and never knew it until you actually picked one up and played with it. I think it's likely there are a lot of people like that, but will never know because they won't try.
I'm sure glad I did try. It took me almost two weeks just to get my arrows , the girl at the shop who does them was sick , severe backup. I was truely amazed at how accurate I was the first time out. I watched a G. Fred Asbell tape my buddy at the bow shop gave me before I shot. What makes it even better is I'm using my Dads bow he bought in 1967 ! Any