Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Traditional Archery
 What will be your first chance to hunt. >

What will be your first chance to hunt.

Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

What will be your first chance to hunt.

Old 08-24-2005, 08:34 PM

Default What will be your first chance to hunt.

My first chance to get out andshoot some arrows will be Sep 15, small game opens in my state. My gole for this year is to take a grouse and a rabbit with my bow, and to hunt mybutt off for deer. I will take a doe if I am on the ground, but if I am in the stand I will hold out of a Buck (spike) . I havent been this amped for bow season in along time. The other day I tuck the dog for a walk and did some shooting, killed 3 firns and then a rock covered in moss killed my arrow, bent my judo point. I thought it was a log.

Thenights are getting long and the wind is getting cool, here it comes.
Old 08-24-2005, 09:06 PM

Default RE: What will be your first chance to hunt.

October 1 will be my first chance at game....... I plan to take a few days off and try my best to get within bow range of a deer....... With the early season weather down here though, who knows how it will go...... I could be cool and in the 60-70's or hot and in the upper 80's..... You just never know.....
Old 08-24-2005, 09:11 PM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

Dove season opens labor day--thinking hard about seeing if I can get lucky with my bow before I get the shotgun out. Haven't hunted these birds in years, and if my wing-shooting hasn't improved any I just as well use my bow the whole season.

Deer season opens Oct. 1st--most likely it will still be hot and humid, and if you get one down you got to get it out quick.....gotta try it though.

Chad
Old 08-25-2005, 06:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

My first chance out will be Oct 15th which is the opening of deer season. I really only hunt deer and occasionally elk. I will most definetely go after moose someday also.
Old 08-25-2005, 08:32 AM

over here in minnesota its sept.17 fordeer with a bow
Old 08-25-2005, 08:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

There is no closed season for feral hogs in Texas, so you can actually hunt 365 days a year. Dove season opens here on Sept 1 and bow season opens Oct 1.
Old 08-25-2005, 11:43 AM

Tree rats come in here on September 3rd, while deer come in the 15th...it cant get here fast enough!!!
Old 08-26-2005, 12:31 AM
Typical Buck

Mulies, elk, grouse, small game... its all happening next Thursday morning the 1st. ....like a kid waiting for Christmas!
Old 08-26-2005, 02:06 PM

I am suprised how many deer seasons open the 1st of oct, That will be my first chance to hunt the old white tail this year, cant wait.

LBR sorry about the pore choice of words, thanks for the fix.
Old 08-27-2005, 09:42 PM
Fork Horn

I've been off the board for a while just killing time out here in Cali . . . . . can't wait to retire from the Navy (not that I didn't love my 21 years) and get back to Wisconsin. Anyway looks like my first chance won't come until the late season in Dec. [&o]

Quick Reply: What will be your first chance to hunt.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.