Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

I can do this too

Old 08-14-2005, 06:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default I can do this too

I bought a Great plains recurve 55lb at 28" 2 years ago. I would not take it out hunting until I was sure I could harvest a deer with it. I'm ready and can't wait to go hunting with it on Oct.1st in PA. I read alot of the post on this fourm and would like to thank all of you for your help. It's so much fun shooting a recurve its hard to put down.

Thanks
Hatchet Jack
Old 08-15-2005, 06:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: I can do this too

Sounds great hatchet. And good luck this season, keep usupdated. - Don't be afraid to post!
Old 08-15-2005, 08:18 AM

Welcome aboard!!!! Of course you can do it!!!!! It's been done since the beginning of time!!!

I've going through withdrawals as we speak b/c I haven't been able to shoot my bow in a couple of weeks. I can't wait to get back at it this afternoon.
Old 08-16-2005, 10:55 AM

It's that same anticipation that keeps me going. If I stop gettingexcited about the upcoming seasons it will be time to put the bow down. Glad you found a passion with the traditional bow. Enjoy

Jim
Old 08-16-2005, 02:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks All, Can't wait to take it Hunting

Hatchet Jack
Old 08-17-2005, 08:10 AM

Go get them Hatchet Jack. Your right about the great people on this site. My time is almost here. I leave next Thursday for a 17 day pack in archery elk hunt in central Idaho, and I'm stoked. Unfortunately my 16 year old son Dustin has football commitments at school, so it looks like this will be a solo hunt this year. I was up in one of our trophy units in northern Arizona recently, and was able to watch two giant bulls in the velvet just slowly feeding through the timber, way cool. You know I have a confession to make, as much as I truly love hunting and calling in elk, not to mention the meat is the best I have ever eaten, killing them is a very emotional thing for me. Is that normal? Shoot straight and be safe.....Joe