Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Traditional Archery
 OMG - I finally got a recurve >

OMG - I finally got a recurve

Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

OMG - I finally got a recurve

Old 07-28-2005, 11:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default OMG - I finally got a recurve

Guys,

After being a hard core bowhunter for many years and having some great success, I decided to step the challenge up a bit and purchase a recurve. It came yesterday. I was only able to fire less than twenty shots with it, but wow. Not only did it suprise me with the force of impact and speed, given my low expectations, but it was a hoot to shoot. Anyhow, I've heard it before that you wont be able to put it down if you pick one up, but didn't realize how much truth there was in the statement. I just wanted to share my joy.

Kelly
Old 07-28-2005, 12:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: OMG - I finally got a recurve

Anyhow, I've heard it before that you wont be able to put it down if you pick one up, but didn't realize how much truth there was in the statement. I just wanted to share my joy.
Allright, another convert!!!

Congrats, and welcome!

There is a lot of knowledge on the board, so if you have any questions...................
Old 07-28-2005, 12:14 PM

Welcome kcison!!!

I just converted back in April after 15yrs of compound hunting. I am having a blast!!! I either shoot my bow every day or I'm wishing I was shooting!!!!

Lot's of good guys in here can help you out. My only advice, as a rookie, would be to tell you not to get discouraged those first few weeks. You will get MUCH better very fast!!!!

Good luck and post some pics of that bow!!!!
Old 07-28-2005, 12:38 PM

Welcome to the real bowhunting world. The World of Recurves & Long Bows. This will be my second year hunting with Traditional bow and I love it.. If I can help it I'll never go back to a compound again. I feel you are giving the game your hunting the respect it deserves. Give a person a compund and they can hit bullseyes @ 40 yards in a week... Give a person a Traditional bow and they will be reborn into the Spirit of the Arrow.

Good luck and Happy Hunting
Old 07-28-2005, 12:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

After being a hard core bowhunter for many years...
Actually, you have just now gotten on the path to find out what hardcore really is. Congratulations on your new bow.
Old 07-30-2005, 04:23 AM
Fork Horn

way to go K. i'm gonna break down one day and buy one. I looked at several over the summer, but just couldn't part with the dough. Maybe next year.
Old 08-06-2005, 02:52 PM

Welcome to the ranks. I'm betting you'll have loads of fun. New challenges, more fun, less crap to buy. What more could a guy want ?

Skin dog, if you're serious about a recurve, you can find a nice used one for about $100. Older Bear grizzly's are great performers, and don't rule out a used CM Falcon for about $150.

Recently bought a Grizzly for my nephew, cost me $80 and came with 6 arrows. He's lovin it.
Old 08-06-2005, 03:19 PM

I welcome you too! I was in your shoes a couple of years ago, and i don't even look back-- no regrets here on the switcharoo, they are a whole lot of fun to shoot.....
RobinHood36>>>=============<>
Old 08-06-2005, 10:07 PM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

You can usually find a good cheap recurve pretty cheap--less than $100. Don't let the prices fool you--an old Bear, Pearson, Shakespeare, etc. will kill a deer just as dead as a $1,000 custom job. You don't have to spend nearly that much on a good custom bow either. I'd start used and cheap though--you need to get a feel for it so you will know what you want if you decide to order a custom bow.

Chad
Old 08-08-2005, 09:38 PM

Halleluyah ! you seeing the light brother.