Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Traditional Archery
 My new custom longbow! >

My new custom longbow!

Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

My new custom longbow!

Old 07-27-2005, 12:16 AM

Default My new custom longbow!

Heres my new custom longbow i had built and i picked it up last week. It is sure a real beauty and shoots a nice quick arrow. I had the bowyer custom fit the grip to my hand with the finger grooves, the limbs are red elm, he had the smooth grain of the elm on the belly side of the limbs and the straight grain on the outside of the limbs, pau ferro in the riser with cherry on the back side, and cherry wood on the tips. 59# @28--62". This bow is going to be my elk slayer, RobinHood36>>>=============<>

http://photobucket.com/albums/a170/robinhood36/
Old 07-27-2005, 07:21 AM

Default RE: My new custom longbow!

Nice Longbow - And lefthand to boot - If that doesn't workout for you let me know - What spine ans weight arrows are you getting out of her?

Mike
Old 07-27-2005, 07:22 AM
Giant Nontypical

Looks Great! Enjoy!
Old 07-27-2005, 08:43 AM

nice looking bow. Who made it?
Old 07-27-2005, 03:56 PM

This bow was made by a retired friend of mine who has been building long bows for quite a while now, he builds one bow at a time and when he starts it takes about two weeks--one week to build it and one week for drying time on the finish which he uses, i think he said about 7-8 coats. This bow is the 144th bow he has built. The name he goes by is Juniper Mountain Longbows, out of Vale, Ore. He will let you pick out what type of wood you want, such as for the riser and handle, but he likes the limbs to be red elm.
I took this longbow up to the Lagrande Ore. traditional bowshoot last weekend, it was a fun shoot where alot of traditional guys got together and shot a 3-d shoot, air birds, and they had a deer set up on a cable and as it went by the object was to try to put an arrow in the vitals, and also had a long target shoot--i won that event. There was also a night shoot where they put glow sticks over the vitals of 3-d targets and let me tell you that really brings the instinctive shooting out of a guy- i placed third in that event. I met a guy at this shoot and he starts from scratch and builds white birch arrows that when finished will be at 675grains, with a 125gr. broadhead i will be at 750gr.total. I shot some of his arrows and i was putting thim in a target at 20 yards. I did notice i was not getting the speed likefrom my 350gr. spruce arrows, but these heavey birch arrows hit the target with authority, i feel they will be a good hunting arrow for big game. I went ahead and joined that traditional club in Ore. as i really don't think we have much of any traditional clubs in Idaho that i know about, what a blast as that was my first traditional only shoot--Good people...
RobinHood36>>>=============<>