Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Traditional Archery
 7 Weeks From Today & Counting... >

7 Weeks From Today & Counting...

Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

7 Weeks From Today & Counting...

Old 07-19-2005, 09:12 PM
Kip
Fork Horn

Default RE: 7 Weeks From Today & Counting...

Wish I was going with you on that hunt. You'll have a blast.

Hey Chad, is Tom the one that wore lipstick and nylons when we were in Elk Lake?
Old 07-20-2005, 06:43 AM
Typical Buck

Hehehe, I bet that's the guy Kip.

Excited Chad...does it show? Man I've never been so pumped up about a hunt in my life!

Guss, I've hadthe same sortatrouble before, but I have both of these rigs tweeked to shooting purty dang close to the same. Even so, I've found that switching from longbow to recurve is easier than vise versa for me, so I just shoot my longbow more.

Don't worry guys, if we have a successful hunt you'll be getting sick of caribou pictures!! Hehehe.
Old 07-20-2005, 10:25 PM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

I know the feeling, believe me! I haven't made it official yet, but I'm about to get an ulcer thinking about that water buffalo in Oz! My bow should be here soon, got some test shafts waiting on it, and recently found out about a new broadhead that should be on the market by then (real heavy, and heavy-duty). The only thing that's holding me up right now is the price of the hunt [:@]. Oh well....it's going to take me a little while to work back up to an 85# bow. Got kinda whimpy in my old age....I did draw the 98 @ 28 a few times yesterday for some guys that came over--man alive that thing is stiff! Don't think I got it past 29", but I got plenty of motivation for the 85#-er!

BTW, if anyone wants to donate to my hunt fund, just let me know![8D]

Chad
Old 07-21-2005, 05:53 AM
Typical Buck

I know what ya mean bro...I had an African hunt in the early preplanning stage, but hadda scrap it due to lack of funds.[:@]

I reckon it's tolerable being a po' boy, but wouldn't it be great to be rich??!

[8D][&o]So manyhunts - so little time/money!![:'(][]
Old 07-21-2005, 10:43 AM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

Shoot--if I were rich I'd be the most worthless sonofagun that ever walked God's green earth! The good part is nobody would ever see much of me--I'd be somewhere chasing a critter!

I could do a pretty decent hunt in Africa for what this one buffalo is going to cost me. Actually Africa used to be my dream hunt, but after talking with folks that have been there, and reading about several others, Igot turned off. It's just not my idea of a hunt. Now if someone were to offer it to me free (or real cheap), I'd go--I won't lie about that--but for a once-in-a-lifetime hunt (I'll never be able to put this kind of coin into a hunt again), it's got to be THE hunt. I'd love to have a bunch of exotic mounts and capes, but I reckon I'll have to be satisfied with one great big set of horns. Reckon how many back quivers a feller could get out of a buffalo hide?

Chad
Old 07-21-2005, 01:50 PM
Typical Buck

Who knows Chad, maybe one of us will hit a lottery for a gazillion-million bucks!

...yeah, RIGHT![:@]
Old 07-21-2005, 02:21 PM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

I guarantee you that if a big wad of money ever falls into my lap, I'm taking all my good friends hunting! Don't pack your bags just yet though......lol--figure I'll get hit by lightening first.

Chad
Old 07-21-2005, 07:52 PM
Typical Buck

Hehe...me too Chad.
Old 07-26-2005, 07:25 PM
Typical Buck

5 weeks & change now....
Old 08-06-2005, 01:33 PM
Kip
Fork Horn

You gotta be about jittery by now. Got the bags packed already?

Quick Reply: 7 Weeks From Today & Counting...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.