Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Africa

Old 06-18-2005, 08:23 PM

Default Africa

Do you guys dream about a hunt in Africa. It seems like alot of people hold africa as the ultimate hunting local. I have never once had any itch to hunt there. Maybe because it is just so out of my reach. I love to be in a swamp or poplar stand befor first light. I prefer my own back yard and white taile over zebra and exotic locals.

Yah this is just another random post by your truly GUSS
Old 06-18-2005, 09:27 PM

Default RE: Africa

I'm with you on that one. I don't think I would ever go there to hunt. I think there is enough big game in the USA to satisfy any hunger I will ever have. I would like to hunt in Canada and the Northwest Territory though.
Old 06-19-2005, 07:44 AM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

I used to want to go really bad, but after talking to several folks that have hunted there and reading more than a few articles, I'm pretty much cured of it. I'd love to have some of the different capes and mounts, but the regular means of hunting there--from a blind over a water hole--just isn't my type of hunting. If I had the time and money for a spot and stalk hunt, I'd love to do that, but I can't see it happening. My dream hunt is Australia for Asiatic water buffalo--hopefully one I can do within the next couple of years.

Chad
Old 06-20-2005, 11:24 AM
Typical Buck

I've wanted to hunt Africa as long as I can remember. But I recently traded my plans of itfor a shiney pearl-white Harley Ultra-Glide. [:-]

BTW, you guys are the 1st I've heard of that don't have any desire to hunt the Dark Continent.
Old 06-20-2005, 11:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

I thought about it myself, but would rather put the $$$ elsewhere. Desease, vacinations, a lot critters that bite back, not being able to keep the meat,are some of the reasons. As mentioned, sitting over a water hole doesn't seem like much fun either (neither is sitting over a bait for that matter). I put some money into an elk trip in Colorado and had a blast trying to stalk and call last fall. Currently, we are considering a whitetail hunt in Buffalo CountyWI.
Old 06-20-2005, 12:56 PM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

If someone was offering to take me on an all-expense paid trip, I'd go, but I'm not going to even attempt to save up the cash for it. After talking to Jeff and Robin, along with a few others, it's just not my cup of tea. One guy said that shooting his eland was like shooting a (domestic) cow, and he'd never shoot another one.

'Course this is just what I've been told--I was doing a lot of research on it when I wanted to go so badly. I still love the variety of game and the beautiful capes and horns, but.......I won't spend that kind of money on that kind of "hunt". Our trip to Canada for moose was the most I've ever spent on a hunt (more than I could afford), I never even saw a live moose, but it was the absolute best hunt I've ever been on. We hunted hard, we were worn out at the end of the day, and loved every minute of it!

From all I can gather, the water buffalo will be a different story. A different type of hunt, but a hunt all the same--no bait, no sitting over a water hole, no fences, no guarantees--for me, that's what a hunt is about.

I'm not bashing anyone that has been or is going to Africa--honestly I'm a little bit jealous--but my priorities lie elsewhere.

Chad
Old 06-20-2005, 01:11 PM

If I had tons of extra $$ I would go..... However, life is short and so is cash sometimes... There are MANY animals in North America that I would like to try first....... Carribou, Moose, Elk, Mule Deer, Sheep, Buffalo, etc, etc.....

My dream hunt is for me and my Dad to spend about 10 days trying to arrow a Carribou.
Old 08-04-2005, 06:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

Anyone see the Bowsite.com video Beyond Adrenaline?

You don't get Black Mamba's crawling in the blinds and over your boots around here anyway.

That would have been enough to ruin my entire hunt.

On a side note, the Grizzly hunt with the recurve was pretty cool.
Old 08-04-2005, 07:51 AM

I was going to post a ?, weather or not that vidio was any good. What did ya think of it, worth the 15 bucks?

I have never been anywere nere a deadly snake, dont know how I would react.
Old 08-04-2005, 08:01 AM
Giant Nontypical

It's pretty good Guss, but it's not like an action packed type video like Primos. There are a lot more landscape type shots and things of that sort. But it is good, and the Grizzly hunt was real neat. The footage of the grizzly hunt was not the greatest, but some stuff happens that I think you would enjoy more the first time you see if I didn't give it away. If you have to know PM me.

Quick Reply: Africa

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.