Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Classifieds > Archery Gear > Traditional Archery Equipment
 '66 Kodiak LH 55# 64"-*reduced AGAIN* $200 >

'66 Kodiak LH 55# 64"-*reduced AGAIN* $200

Community
Traditional Archery Equipment Buy and sell your Traditional Archery equipment here.

'66 Kodiak LH 55# 64"-*reduced AGAIN* $200

Old 05-15-2009, 11:24 AM

Default '66 Kodiak LH 55# 64"-*reduced AGAIN* $200

I have a 1966 Bear Kodiak left handed recurve with serial #6S746. The low number makes me believe it is an actual 1966 and not an early '67. The bow is in great shape, but it is not in pristine collector's condition. It really needs to go to someone who will use it. I am left-handed, but I shoot right-handed. I got this bow back in the late 80's just because I couldn't then pass onKodiak of any type.

About the bow:
the limbs are very straight, but let's say there is a small degree of twist. The string lines up nicely, and it shoots fantastic as far as a righty can tell. It is an unusual length of 64 inches. It also has a two-piecehardwood (rosewood or sedua?)riser. The right side of the riser is a slightly lighter piece of wood than on the left side. The tips are great. There are no delaminations. The limbs do show some very slight horizontal lines on the glass, barely visible. The upper limb has two vertal lines about 3-4" long. The lower limb has one that is about 8" long. There are some small dings and scratches that appear to be from normal use. The '66 I hunt with is not as nice as this one. It does have two holes on the back from where a sight was mounted. I have done nothing to fill these or cover them up. Again, it is not a pristine safe queen. Let me know if you have any other question. I do have pictures and will do my best to post them here. If not, reply here, and I will get some sent to you.

I am asking $275 shipped to the lower 48. Money order only at this time, please. Willing to trade for a right-handed Kodiak that is at least 50#, optics, gps, etc. I am not interested in a compound bow.

reduced to $245 shipped. Offers and trades are welcome.
Old 05-22-2009, 04:54 PM

Default RE: '66 Kodiak LH 55# 64"-*reduced*

It looks like these are not as popular as they once were. Any takers at $200 shipped?
Old 06-18-2010, 12:20 PM
Spike

I have a RH Bear Kodiak 60# that I used to hunt with. I switched to LH shooting (left eye dominant). Would consider trading.? It is factory camoed and it is worn off in a few spots. Other than that it shoots great, zero twist, zero delaminations. Shot it last night with some bamboo arrows and forgot how fast it is! Let me know. I can get pics of it too