Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 For you Mechanical broadhead users >

For you Mechanical broadhead users

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

For you Mechanical broadhead users

Old 01-18-2009, 05:18 PM
Banned

Default For you Mechanical broadhead users

Epec XC-3

http://www.epekhunting.com/?q=node/14
Old 01-18-2009, 05:42 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: For you Mechanical broadhead users

No thank you. That's one head I'm not sure I'd trust therefore I would not use it. It looks like he really has to force it open and a couple times in the "Now you see it, now you don't" One blade didn't open. Reminds me of Plucketts and they were bad news. I'd have to really test one myself to be sure but strictly by that video, no thank you.
Old 01-18-2009, 05:49 PM
Banned

I agree, cause I am a Slick Trick guy. No mechanicals on this guys arrows.
Old 01-18-2009, 06:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Looks like a good idea but like Rob, I would like to play with them a lot before using them on any animals.
Old 01-18-2009, 06:26 PM

Im with Rob on this one, looks like it is going to take a little to much force to open the head up. Granted I am what you might call a mech guy, I shoot rages and have had success with them all year, but I think that the rages have a better makeup to them. I also dont like how far the blades are away from the tip of the point, JMO.
Old 03-17-2009, 02:22 PM
Banned

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dF4ya60NYV0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sa4MfyQ6I0o

Looks like they work. I only use fixed heads so this is all for you "other guys"

Edit:

I have no problem with killing an animal in a fence that is going to be eaten with a bow. My dad has a 1/2 grown calf (black angus) that is refusing to corral up and go to market. I wish he would just send me and my bow to end the trouble and afterwards we just take him to the locker. More fun than using a .22 bullet to the brain and you get to try out your archery equipment on it. This is a product testing.
Old 03-17-2009, 03:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

No thank you. That's one head I'm not sure I'd trust therefore I would not use it. It looks like he really has to force it open and a couple times in the "Now you see it, now you don't" One blade didn't open. Reminds me of Plucketts and they were bad news. I'd have to really test one myself to be sure but strictly by that video, no thank you.
X2

Junk Broadheads are few and far between today fortunately. Definitely much better choices available

Dan
Old 03-17-2009, 06:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

X3

Add me to the chorus of those voting "nay".

and what the heck happens when I shoot my arrow through an anti-magnetic field???? Then I'm really screwed.

Old 03-17-2009, 07:46 PM
Dominant Buck

Oh yeah,... I have a tuned bow that shoots fixed broadheads like darts and you want me to change???? To something I've never heard of?????? I'll change my undies tomorrow but that's about it.[8D]
Old 03-17-2009, 08:58 PM
Typical Buck

I didn't see any pass throughs on any of the animals they shot, not even the deer. They look like a head that could easly
clance off on a hard angle shot.

Quick Reply: For you Mechanical broadhead users

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.