Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 For you Mechanical broadhead users >

For you Mechanical broadhead users

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

For you Mechanical broadhead users

Old 03-18-2009, 06:07 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: For you Mechanical broadhead users

You know what gets me about that video is the fact that i watched the first few minutes of it and saw the head in ballistic jelly but i never actually saw it "shot" into the jelly.
Old 03-18-2009, 10:09 AM
Fork Horn

having a good size open wound is not everything. what happens when you shoot the a sholder blade? will the flimsy blades break off, or will the tip bend first?

i stick with fixed blade muzzy's because i have had a pass through on a shoulderblade, 2 ribs and the opposite shoulder blade last year. my partner also put amuzzy streight through the thickest part of the spine and unscrewed the broadhead on the opposite side. he then put new blades in it and killed 2 more deer that year with it.
Old 03-18-2009, 10:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Biggest issue I see with those heads from the design standpoint is that the furrel and tip are the same material - aluminum. I don't want an aluminum tip on my broadhead! It will / can mushroom upon impact into heavy bone which will distribute the force into the material of the head - not the animal! Not good!
Old 03-18-2009, 11:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Their argument of using this head is that it flies accurately. My Slick Tricks shoot groups that are just astight as field points and they hit the same point of impact, why change. With a fixed blade there's no worrying about if it's going to open properly or not, there's alreadyenough things to worry about while bowhunting.
Old 03-18-2009, 12:55 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: Centaur 1

Their argument of using this head is that it flies accurately. My Slick Tricks shoot groups that are just astight as field points and they hit the same point of impact, why change. With a fixed blade there's no worrying about if it's going to open properly or not, there's alreadyenough things to worry about while bowhunting.
Give that man a cigar!!!! When we claim they fly like a fieldtip, it is because it is true fellas. I could never get any muzzy to fly like these slick tricks do. AWESOME head and why people want to shoot a mechanical when there are these is beyond me.
Old 03-20-2009, 07:33 PM
Fork Horn

i do use mech rage 2 blade to be exact and they do just as much damage with a stronger metal construction and awesome accuracy. I am sticking to them 14 deer shot with them and the last one was directly through the fron shoulder and still a complete pass through with my DXT at 70# and 30" draw length the have preformed amazing for me every time.
Old 03-21-2009, 06:39 AM

I am generally a Silver Flame user...they open every time.

Honestly though, I have had experience using NAP Spitfires....worked every time, no failures and never lost an animal. If someone really wants to use and expandable, I don't think you could find a better one.