Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 What is a good cheap bow press >

What is a good cheap bow press

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

What is a good cheap bow press

Old 05-03-2005, 01:20 PM
Dominant Buck

Default What is a good cheap bow press

For limited use. I have been using my homemade one for years. I have just decided to buy one. Any suggestions?
Old 05-03-2005, 01:41 PM

Default RE: What is a good cheap bow press

I bought a portable from Ram Products, I can't remember the actual name. It has two aluminum ends that go over the limbs and utilizes a ratchet strap to press the bow. I like the portability to be able to take it to camp, but the setup is not as nice as a bench-top model. Their number is 1-800-882-1588, Jerry Thompson is the owner, and was a great guy.
Old 05-03-2005, 01:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

So far the best, most portable and reasonably priced is the BowMaster. I have been using one for about 5 years now, replacing the first one only because it wasn't made to accomodate short bows. Whether split limb or solid I like to use the Split-Limb adaptors. It goes wherever my bow case is.

You can carry it in a little pouch. It's small enough it'll fit in your hip pockets. The cost for the whole works should be around $60, give or take a couple.
Old 05-03-2005, 02:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

60 bucks for something just to change the string? [:'(] Buy an Onei....nevermind.
Old 05-03-2005, 02:54 PM
Dominant Buck

You can carry it in a little pouch. It's small enough it'll fit in your hip pockets. The cost for the whole works should be around $60, give or take a couple.
That sounds like what im looking for.

WA shooter
I have seen those, I have actually made some like that. I was looking for the bench type. But thanks for the info.
Old 05-03-2005, 06:56 PM

walkswithagimp, a member here, makes a great one thats portable and for a great price. there are guys all over the country that swear by it.
Old 05-03-2005, 08:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

walkswithagimp, a member here, makes a great one thats portable and for a great price. there are guys all over the country that swear by it.
Absolflippinlutely.....WWAG's "Bowmender" bow press is the Caddilac of portable bow presses. It exerts less pressure on your bow's limbs than actually drawing it does. It is the safest portable I know of for parallel limb bows, in fact it's darn near PERFECT for that application. It works so well, (well first off I can't believe I waited this long to buy one from him) but it works so well that I am not going to bother with buying a true "Shop" press. You just don't need it unless you need to press a bunch of bows in a hurry.

This really is THE portable press. Not small enough for a pouch, but packs up plenty small enough to fit behind the seat of the truck wherever you go. Everyone I have showed it to so far get that "Wow that's really cool" look on their faces.[:-]
Old 05-03-2005, 08:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

ditto what Matt said. The bowmender is awesome!
Old 05-04-2005, 04:53 AM

The portable presses and ones like WAAG makes are great for occasional use, but you will quickly tire of them if you press a bow frequently. If you're after ease of use and speed, then you have to go with a bench press. There are lots of home-made ones that are reasonably cheap to make. Any of the good commercial bench presses that work on a variety of bows, will be costly.
Old 05-04-2005, 05:23 AM

ORIGINAL: Matt / PA

Absolflippinlutely.....WWAG's "Bowmender" bow press is the Caddilac of portable bow presses. It exerts less pressure on your bow's limbs than actually drawing it does. It is the safest portable I know of for parallel limb bows, in fact it's darn near PERFECT for that application. It works so well, (well first off I can't believe I waited this long to buy one from him) but it works so well that I am not going to bother with buying a true "Shop" press. You just don't need it unless you need to press a bunch of bows in a hurry.

This really is THE portable press. Not small enough for a pouch, but packs up plenty small enough to fit behind the seat of the truck wherever you go. Everyone I have showed it to so far get that "Wow that's really cool" look on their faces.[:-]
plus, i'm a homer. wwag made my press, my bow vise is hand made from a guy on AT, and anything i need, if someone here makes one, that's who i'm buying it from, if not then someone on AT, if no one makes it i know from the boards then i'll go to a company.

Quick Reply: What is a good cheap bow press

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.