Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 How hard is fletching youself? >

How hard is fletching youself?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Old 05-04-2005, 12:01 PM

Default RE: How hard is fletching youself?

If I can do it, anyone can do it. I bought a Bitz a couple months ago and now wouldn't even consider having someone else fletch my arrows. In my book, the Bitz is the best, but the instructions aren't very good, so look for threads here and elsewhere for additional advice. Once you get the hang of it, you will love it. BTW, after attempting to take vanes and glue off old arrows, I've begun using arrow wraps. Makes refletching a whole lot easier.
Old 05-04-2005, 02:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well, I never actually fletched myself.[8D][8D] I know, I know, bad joke.

But fletching an arrow can be very easy especiallyif you use the right glue and jig. I never like any jig that fletched them all at once FWIW.
Old 05-04-2005, 02:29 PM

Its a piece of cake, the hardest part is having a steady hand when you apply glue to the veins or feathers.
Old 05-04-2005, 02:39 PM

you're supposed to use a jig, crud, i've been doing it by hand. i always wondered why everyone else's looked so nice.
Old 05-04-2005, 06:08 PM

ORIGINAL: MO_Bowhnter

But tell your friend that it is difficult and charge him $1.00/arrow. Hey, hes getting a deal.

OHHHH....an entrepreanuer......or...however the heck you spell it...[&:][&:] I use a Grayling fletching jig, only do one at a time, but I am no multi-tasker anyway...[8D]
It's incredibly simple. The hardest part, IMO, in using enough glue, but not TOO MUCH glue. Give it a try. It is rewarding.
Old 05-04-2005, 06:16 PM
Fork Horn

mobohunter
Cabelas sells the jig. YOu can but as either straight or right. I would like a slight right offset (1degree). is there any adjustments to degrees or is it set? and what one should I order?
Thanks for the help.
Old 05-04-2005, 06:33 PM

I am pretty sure you can adjust the degree. Is there any reason you want offset over helical?
Old 05-04-2005, 06:37 PM

With a fixed rest which he may have, its pretty hard to tune to get a full helical through without contact.
Old 05-04-2005, 06:44 PM

MO, I didn't think of that.
Old 05-04-2005, 08:38 PM

ORIGINAL: MO_Bowhnter

With a fixed rest which he may have, its pretty hard to tune to get a full helical through without contact.
Yeah, and in fact, you can't....unless you are using 3". I use 4", and they were making minimal contact, but any is too much. So, I put a Drop Zone on, and no problems anymore.

Quick Reply: How hard is fletching youself?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.