Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Calling all Experienced BowTechies...... >

Calling all Experienced BowTechies......

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Calling all Experienced BowTechies......

Old 04-01-2005, 08:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Calling all Experienced BowTechies......

I am looking for a quality two piece quiver for an Allegiance. I am open to suggestions. Please state the reasons why you are recommending the particular manufacturer that you are.

Thanks, I appreciate your time and effort.
Old 04-01-2005, 08:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Calling all Experienced BowTechies......

Well I'm out........I haven't used a bow mounted quiver in 9 yrs.

Nothing wrong with the Bowtech version. I just personally hate with a passion any permanently mounted bow quiver.[:'(]
Old 04-01-2005, 10:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

Cat Quiver thats 2 words otherwise I am the same as Matt
Old 04-04-2005, 02:44 PM

It realy is not what you are looking for, but why do you want a quiver that will always stay on your bow? My sight makes me cant my bow, imagine what a one piece will do full of arrows. It will be loud too when shooting.

1. With a detachable one piece when you get in the stand it can come off. That way it will always be out of the way ( hang it up on the tree ).
2. If you are stalking use a Cat Quiver there awesome.
Old 04-04-2005, 05:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Call the Bowtech Pro shop. I asked them about making a 4 arrow 2 piece quiver and they said they would do it. I don't recall cost, but it wasn't necessarily cheap.

I will throw in another vote for the Catquiver if you are not married to a bow mounted quiver.

I use a Cat quiver and carry a Kwikee kwick 2 or kwick 3 and use the tree mount in case I need a follow up shot. I too hate a bow mounted quiver.
Old 04-04-2005, 11:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

How do you spell "surprised"???

I have used a detachable quiver (for more than a few years). I have used a hip quiver, and I have used a back quiver, though not a Cat Quiver.

Contrary to the thinking that I see on this thread I have found for me a two piece quiver works great. In my opinion (and in my experience) a guy can't beat a quality two piece quiver when he is "running and gunning" for elk in the mountains. It beats the others two options hands down in any elk hunting situation that I have been in. I liked the combination so well that I eventually put the other type of quivers on the shelf and used the two piece even even when I was deer hunting in the tree with no ill effects in either the "balance/accuracy" department or the "noise" department, and I am pretty anal about both. None of the P&Y bucks that I have killed seemed to notice that I handicapped myself.

But hey, one man's junk is another man's treasure, that I understand. Thankfully, we all don't like the same things or the world would be a very boring place with no variety and a lot of shortages. However, what I can't grasp is someone who does not have a clue about me or my experience, telling me what I want or don't want. Wow...

I just thought there may be a better version of a two piece for an Allegiance than what Bowtech offered.
Old 04-04-2005, 11:53 PM

I'll also put in my vote for a solid two piece bow quiver!!! I like 4 arrows, maybe five but never more than that I want my quiver to be mounted VERY close to the riser to maintain a slim profile and it must be light weight but very solid. I will always use a mounted two piece quiver on my bows because I want to know where that second arrow is without looking. I shoot just fine with mine on my bow
Old 04-04-2005, 11:58 PM

Here's a pic of my Justice with the quiver brackets I made to fit tight to the bow

Old 04-05-2005, 12:03 AM

Here's the same quiver set up on my Allegiance

Old 04-05-2005, 12:07 AM

Here's the aluminum brackets I machined to fit the 5/8 inch hexagon recess in the BowTech riser after I anodized them.

Quick Reply: Calling all Experienced BowTechies......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.