Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Got my new Bow

Old 03-17-2005, 07:05 PM

Default Got my new Bow

So i got my new protec with the 3000 limbs instead of the 2000 limbs that I got earlier this year. Well I must say I'm not real happy. The draw length is off by 1.5 inches, no real big deal. The let off is 43% with 75% modules. The poundage is 68 instead of 60 (And my scale is generally 4LBS low). Also I cannot turn the limb bolts out. I don't know what they have gotten wrong on this bow, I cannot figure it out any ideas?
Old 03-17-2005, 07:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Got my new Bow

Are you saying you changed the 2000 limbs on you bow with 3000?
Old 03-17-2005, 07:34 PM

ORIGINAL: nodog

No I just bought a whole bow with 3000 limbs. I cannot turn the limb bolts out either (this is why I edited my earlier post)
Old 03-18-2005, 02:56 AM
Fork Horn

hang in there,,still months out before things happen,,if all else fails switch over to something different.
Old 03-18-2005, 05:31 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: ewolf

ORIGINAL: nodog

No I just bought a whole bow with 3000 limbs. I cannot turn the limb bolts out either (this is why I edited my earlier post)

Take it back now. Don't waste another minute on it other than the trip back and the wasted breath. They most likely used a ratch-allen head tool and cranked on the bolts. That right there is a reason to take it back. They have a torque setting and exceeding it could void the warranty. It's unfortunate but not your problem.
Old 03-18-2005, 08:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Is this a joke? If not then I'd never have left the shop with it in the first place. Take it back NOW.
Old 03-18-2005, 04:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

If your shop never set it up for you before you left ,I'd be looking for another shop to deal with .It's the shop's responsability to be sure that your NEW bow is set correctly before you take it home ,and if they didn't I'd definetly be haulling it right back to them and make sure they do it right this time. I can't believe they actually let you take it home in this condition. That's rediculous.

nubo
Old 03-19-2005, 08:21 AM

I would take it back and get a different bow, dont waste time on something that most likely wont work out anyways.
Old 03-19-2005, 02:49 PM

The proshop obviously hacked a bow out of many new bows that they had. They are ordering me a new bow to replace the one they gave me. I will not order a bow there again. Well now I'm still out of a bow for 2 weeks, at least. Oh well just glad I figured out what was wrong. How did I know this is what they did? Hoyt on there cables serves the loops that connect to the limbs, these were not served on this bow. So that tells me the bow was not a original hoyt bow. Then a simple search by a Hoyt employee showed that the bow left the factory with 2000 limbs. Oh well it all works out in the end. What can I do to prevent them from selling this one? Any ideas?
Old 03-19-2005, 06:19 PM
Super Moderator

What can I do to prevent them from selling this one?
Its commendable on your part to try keeping an obviously whacked out bow from being sold to someone else. I would contact Hoyt and let them know everything.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.