Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Turbo Nocks

Old 03-17-2005, 06:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Turbo Nocks

Sorry if there is already a thread on this but i was wondering for the people who use turbo nocks how do you like them? And what are the advantages and disadvantages of using them rather then fletchings?
Old 03-18-2005, 07:15 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Turbo Nocks

I have some, but I just havn't made myself try them.

I gave some to a buddy of mine and he wasn't impressed. He said the arrow seemed unstable in flight compared to the arrows he was shooting fletched with vanes.

I am going to try them sometime....My initial thought would be if they were that good, a lot more people would be using them. I rarely hear of people shooting them on the forum.

...but, again, I have NOT personal tried them yet.
Old 03-30-2005, 06:49 AM

These are the problems one has when they introduce a new and radical concept.
First if I say too much I will be accused for "pimping " my product on this site.
Second you ask a question and are getting info that a buddy tried them and did not like them.and a second buddy who has not shot them is giving advice.
The biggest problem we have with new shooters is that they may be experts in tuning arrows and bows. But they have only tuned conventional fletched arrows with straight nocks. Common sense prevaling if you have a bow tuned to shoot an arrow that is only using wind resistance for stability, then you put on an arrow that has rifling , it seems logical you may have to do a little retuning. If you are shooting bullet holes with a regular arrow, the TURBO usually gives a slight low left tear and can be tuned by slightly raising the nocking point or lowering the rest.
Another problem I found is that when I suggest people go to the source for information such as our website, where we have over 60 Team TURBO shooters who will help you.( Including a new team member, Randy Oitkier ,Two time jr world champ)
The response is Well they are on your team , who is going to believe them?
Most of our team members are amatures and their pay is two dozen free turbos and dealer prices on any additional.
The real reason they are on the team is that they love this sport and have found that the turbo has at least for them provided more consistant accuracy ,penetration, trajectory , and more devastating kills.

If you want to get info on the TURBO try our website and hear from folks who actually use them. www.turbonock.com

If you want to read a lot of info both positive and negative ( some do not like our product)
Go to www.archerytalk.com and just type ing turbo nock in their search engine. you will get literally hundreds of strings on the turbo.
Type in any search engine and you can find several thousand headings on turbo nock some in other languages. I just checked google and there were over 6000. How many are relavant I do not know.

The reason you do not see many folks using the turbo (yet) is that this is only our third year in businiss. Four years ago there were only 12 archers shooting it. Last year Cabela's started selling our Hunter model . This year Cabela's picked up our T-4 and HTAX. Why?? At least for their company Turbos are becomming more and more popular and usually when a company like Cabelas reorders from a manufacturer is because the product is selling. Cabelas sells direct to hunters, and have been doing quite well with our product.

We do have problems getting archery shops to carry our product. The original TURBO Nocks eliminate the fletching process which is a revenue generating issue . Secondly
most do not understand the rifling concept and will not accept that less vanes will make an arrow more accurate. Yet no one fletches bullets ??????

I hope I provided you with some helpful insights without "pimping"

I am attaching a photo of GRANDPAWRICHARD

( Dick Raymond Jr.) He is our Team Coach. He has shot three 300 Vegas rounds CLEAN ( all X s ) in the past two years.If you go on most any archery site you will find he is a member and is a great lover of this sport. None or our team members would push a product down your throat for some financial gain. there is none.
I love this sport and so do they and for those who are willing to take a little chance and try something a little different, most are happy with the change.

One more issue and I am done. We try to visit all the archery sites as often as possible.
This is why. Even though every package we sell has our toll free number, TUNING TIPS and a website for assistance. It seems Most who have a problem bypass all of our assistance and go and complain on their favorite website. It is just human nature ???
"The good deeds of men are oft interred with their bones" This is a quote from Shakespear and can be found of Winston Churchill"s Tombstone.
Old 03-30-2005, 07:08 AM
Fork Horn

I don't think I was complaining.....

I just reread my post and NOPE. I wasn't.

I simply stated that I had not had the opportunity to try them and a buddy of mine had so that was the only feedback I had.

Apparantly if you want "more devastating kills" you should use the turbonock!!! Not exactly sure how a plastic wing thingy on the back of your arrow can accomplish this.
Old 03-30-2005, 08:17 AM

i use the turbo-nocks and love them. Beats refletching arrows ill say that upfront. Im not sure where more devasting kills came in to play??? Also i have noticed that there was some eratic arrow flight. I also realized my bow wasnt turned PROPERLY to shoot the nocks so i retuned my bow to shoot them properly. For all you speed demons out there yes they do cause you to pick up a little speed but not a whole lot. I do recommend them but tuning the bow is neccessary like with any other item you add to your bow any time. As far as the wingy thing on the back, well when the bow is tuned properly you should have very little unstable flight. Also looks like to me the arrow would spin faster with no fletching with the turbo on??Some people like fletching some poeple like the nocks. Id recommend trying the nocks, if u dont like them use your flectched arrows. Me personally i went and bought a 1/2 dozen arrows and shot them with the nocks and after a week went by, i had a dozen and half arrows with turbo's on them. Remeber there are negative and positive's to everything. I asked my local shop about them and they said well they were just a trend which is where the statement made earlier comes in to play about revenue they make from feltching arrows (1.50 a piece) helps them produce money. Will you have mroe devasting kills? NO. Will you pick up significant times on the chrono??? Maybe a couple of feet per second. But when the bow is tuned properly I noticed after I started using them my groups were tighter, arrows flew more true than conventinal fletching. Just my experiences.
Old 03-30-2005, 09:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

I tryed the t4s and was impressed , you still have to fletch your arrows useing these , arrow flight was great . They just when allitle higher than my regular nocked arrows .
Old 04-01-2005, 07:29 AM

Sorry Btomlin, I was not jumping on you.
It is just these same issues keep coming up over and over again.

A person asks advice on the net. then in your case you state you gave them to a buddy to shoot and the buddy was not impressed with the stability . I am willing to bet since you had not shot them yet that you did not give him the tuning tips sheet that was included in the packaging. So he went out stuck on the nocks and had no idea about how the twisted nock effects arrow flight.

As to more devastating kills. You are missing the point .

A conventional arrow with a straight nock will get a broadhead spinning about 400 rpm 20yds away from the bow. A broadhead spinning at that speed usually makes a clean X entrance wound. The smaller your wound entrance and exits the less bleed out you get.

A TURBO NOCKED Arrow ( with that plastic thingy on the back) Leaves the bow depending on you bow speed between 7000 and 9000 rpms from most hunting setups.
When a 7000 rpm broadhead hits an animal you get a round entrance wound rathen than an X that can close easily.
Most of my staff shooters do not even glue the TURBO NOCKS in because they have found that usually the Nock will pop off and be laying within a few feet of where the blood trail starts. How many times have you made a tree stand shot late in the day and then got down on the ground and tried to figure where the deer was and if you hit it.
well If you see the plastic thingy laying on the ground and it is easy to see you have just proved you hit the deer and are very close to the blood trail.

Again I was not jumping on you , but trying to provide information on these type of questions which seem to come up quite a bit on the internet.
Old 04-01-2005, 09:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

"My initial thought would be if they were that good, a lot more people would be using them. I rarely hear of people shooting them"

My thoughts EXACTLY!
Old 04-01-2005, 10:25 AM

Il. cornfed. You are correct you have not heard of them. that is the best reason I can think of not to use them.

You will hear very little of them on this site because manufacturers are not to promote their products here. I will not directly promote here , but will respond to issues . such as this thread.

If you check out the Archery Talk site, the pse Site, The Archery Site , Archery Dealer.com
or just click on Google or some other search enging.
There are nearly 7000 headings about TURBO NOCK on Google.

All I can say is that four years ago 12 archers were using them. Now there are thousands. there are millions of archers so there is a good chance you have not seen them.
Most of those who have tried them and were willing to make small adjustments to their set ups have been quite pleased.

I went to the Harrisburg sport show many years Ago when Fred Bear and Tom Jennings brought that first Whitetail compound to the show. My Dad was an archery dealer and we sold recurves. He took a look at the Awful ugly bow with wheels all over the place and said . (t that time most people had never seen a compound before. ) That will never replace the good old recurve! We were out of the recurve business in two years.

There are some archers beginning to use our product . Last year Cabelas only carried our hunter model. This year they are carrying the Hunter, HTAX and the T-4 and their first order was more than they ordered for the entire year last year.

I guess we are all different. some people are willing to try something new others are not
that is what makes the world go round.
Old 04-01-2005, 11:11 AM
Fork Horn

Doesn't make it difficult to find the arrow after a hit if the main coloring comes off at impact?

I would personally rather have the arrow to tell where I hit than the blood on the ground. Just my personal preference.

Main reason I haven't tried them is that it appears they will not clear the string and cables or the riser. I would hate to hit the string and cable at "mach 1" with the hard fins. I would think they would be pretty hard on a string if they impacted it. I shoot a Q2.

Quick Reply: Turbo Nocks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.