Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
Tuning arrows (Recommendation) >

Tuning arrows (Recommendation)

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Tuning arrows (Recommendation)

Old 09-12-2002, 09:21 AM

Default Tuning arrows (Recommendation)

I am shooting good groups out to 30 real well and decent out to 40. However I can see arrow movement at the longer distances. I have shot through paper and it has a bad tear to the left.

I know that i can correct my tuning my moving the arrow rest in toward the bow or farther away and also by moving the knock point up and down. I have never done this myself.

Question: Should i attempt this myself or go to a local pro shop tell them the way my tear looks and have them adjust everything since i am not sure exactly how too.

I am confident in my shooting but am worried that i won't get the penetration if it enters at an angle. Is it necessary i correct this problem. I shoot a Hoyt viper with XT 2000 limbs and redline cams at 68 pounds with 2413 superslam arrows.
Old 09-12-2002, 11:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Tuning arrows (Recommendation)

You need to fix the problem. Download a copy of Easton's tuning guide and follow it. You should be shooting darts before you know it. Tuning isn't difficult, just be patient. It is of utmost importance that all of your arrow's energy is directly behind the tip...otherwise you will be wasting a significant amount of energy on absolutely nothing.