Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Durability of drop aways >

Durability of drop aways

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Durability of drop aways

Old 03-13-2005, 07:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Durability of drop aways

O.K as some of you know,I hunt in some pretty cold and nasty weather and was wondering on the durability of Drop Away rests in the cold,snow,freezing rain and so on.
I am currently using the NAP quicktune 3000 and havent had any problems with it as of yet,but am really itching to try out a good quality drop away .Has anyone had any bad experiences in the nasty stuff,like the prongs freezing in the down position,ice and snow getting into all the nooks and crannies and so on.
I think I am asking for you people to convince me that I will have absolutely no problems in bad climates.
Any help would be greatly appreciated
Old 03-13-2005, 08:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Durability of drop aways

While I wouldn't absolutely guarentee problem free performance, I would be willing to bet if you set up a quality drop away, like the NAP, Trophy Taker, Muzzy or Dropzone for example, you would have any problems. Think about this. You are currently using a NAP 3000. There are as many moving parts on it, as there are on most drop aways. And, some of the drop aways have even less moving parts. Also, consider that there is a spring holding your launcher up on the NAP 3000. Drop aways simple reverse the spring.

I was concerned a long time ago myself. But after shooting drop aways exclusively for the last 4 years or so, I can say none have left me down. And, like you, I"ve been in some pretty nasty weather with mine as well. Depending on what bow you're shooting, I would highly recomend the NAP QT4000. IMO, its one of the best out there. Unfortunately for me, it wont fit my Bowtech.
Old 03-13-2005, 08:57 PM
Typical Buck

My favorite drop away is the Spigarelli.
But if you want the most rugged drop away, get the HTM.

Sag.

Old 03-14-2005, 03:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

For the most part I have found them to be as reliable as most conventional rests. Some more so than others, but on average they are very reliable products.
Old 03-14-2005, 06:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have not had a single problem with my muzzy rests . Ive been useing them since they came out , thats 5 or 6 years I believe .
Old 03-14-2005, 10:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thank you for the reply guys.My dealer has the TT shakey hunter,which I'm very interested in,getting the diamondback from cobra,has the NAP quicktune 4000 and another I think,just cant remember which one.
Muzzy---I will be putting it on my Patriot 04 model SC.The TT sounds like it would be a match made in heavin for my bow.
Does the NAP 4000 not have enough adjustment for the center shot?

5 shot-----Whats the "best" most reliable drop away as far as you are concerned.
Old 03-15-2005, 03:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

It really depends on what your preferances are. My personal favorite drop away is the Muzzy zero effect. But the TKO and TT are also nice rests.
Old 03-15-2005, 06:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

I can't comment on the 04 Patriot, but my NAP wouldn't fit my Allegiance. The centershot came in pretty darn close to 1 7/8" from the rest mount to the center of the prongs. The NAP would only give me about 1 5/8" I'm bummed about it to say the least. I have a trophy taker on it now and as many probably know, I don't like the rest much at all. I'm currently looking for a better mouse trap and think I may have found it. The APA Twister Safari.
Old 03-15-2005, 12:21 PM

I put the MZE on my bow this year, and I think it might be my favorite to date. And as far as durability, it is solid!
Old 03-15-2005, 12:37 PM
Fork Horn

MM you could get the NAP rest to work if you drill and tap another hole where the lanucher assembly mounts to rod if there is enough room left on the rod. I had to do this to my bowtech last year but it was just the standard NAP1000 rest. I had the guy at the pro shop do it and he only charged me 20.00 bucks that included drilling a tapping a new hole, putting on a string loop, timing the dual cams, putting in a peep sight and paper tuning my bow. I though it was well worth what he charged for labor and I didn't have to buy a new rest and thats over 20 bucks. It only took him about 30mins to do all of that.

Quick Reply: Durability of drop aways

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.