Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Tell me about your Allegiance >

Tell me about your Allegiance

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Tell me about your Allegiance

Old 03-09-2005, 06:46 AM

Default Tell me about your Allegiance

What is the buzz on the streets...........poking my head out of my little world

Mine is doing 308 at 65lbs 29" and 335 grn arrow[:-]

Sweet bow
Old 03-09-2005, 09:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Tell me about your Allegiance

RH-55#, 27"DL shooting 373 grains GT XT's, fletched with three Blazer vanes @ 258fps.
Ran a set of GT 500 Ultralights, 27", weighting 318 grains and it clocked 276 fps.
And 'YES' I'm having lots of fun. .
Old 03-09-2005, 10:36 AM

Brand new and out of the box, mine was set on 60.7 pounds and 29 inch draw. Chrono readings were; 317 fps with a 301.4 grain arrow, 297 fps-356.2 grainer, 282 fps-391.4 grainer, 267 fps-444.3 grainer, 257 fps-484 grainer, 249 fps-518 grain arrow. My wife's new Defender in 60/26 did 280 fps right out of the box with a 301.4 grain arrow
In comparing the two bows, the Defender's cables were crossed differently than on my Allegiance. The top cable that comes off the big lobe of the cam (center cable track), crossed inside the bottom cable. I also noticed that the slide on the Defender was a mirror image of the slide on my Allegiance (exact opposite) The Defender had VERY minimal cam lean,, at best,, like my Allegiance. For a test, I crossed my cables on my Allegiance to match those on the Defender and discovered that I also needed to turn the slide upside down to match the Defender's slide. This resulted in absolutely NO lean in the cams on my Allegiance

I just can't say enough about how good these bows are shooting for us. That little Defender is a great performing bow at 26 inch draw
Old 03-09-2005, 10:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

Mine out of the box was 60lb 28" draw 300 gr arrow 303 fps.

Set up with loop hush kit 400gr arrow 265 fps.

Very accurate and deadly quite the only complaints so far have come from the 6 or so rabbits I have shot
Old 03-09-2005, 11:40 AM

ORIGINAL: walks with a gimp

For a test, I crossed my cables on my Allegiance to match those on the Defender and discovered that I also needed to turn the slide upside down to match the Defender's slide. This resulted in absolutely NO lean in the cams on my Allegiance
WWAG (or anyone else) can you confirm how the Allegiance cables crossed originally? I installed an MZE rest on mine and with the MZE slide I had to cross the cables above the slide to keep them from rubbing together. I have had someone else tell me that their allegaince did not have any problem with the mze slide mounted with the cables crossing below. I just realized that maybe my cables were crossed differently than the way it came from the factory because I had my shop install a shorter set of cams. It is possible he did not cross them the same way but I don't remember which way it was. Thanks.
Old 03-09-2005, 12:14 PM

My early Allegiance (silver logo) originally had the top cable (center track) crossing outside the lower cable with the cables crossing below the guard rod. My cables now have the change I made and still cross below the guard rod. The long slot of the slide is now towards the arrow rest where before it was away from the arrow rest. I believe this change has made a good difference in the lower cam lean that was minimal at best in the beginning
Old 03-09-2005, 12:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well right now my allegiance is to my Short & Sweet SQ2 The paint is rubbing off in some spots, the cam has a few knicks in it, but she still shoots straight wet or dry!
Old 03-09-2005, 12:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

LH 28" draw Allegiance shooting 302 fps with a 350 grain arrow at 71.5#s. My current setup has a tru-peep and loop on the string set at 65#s shooting 407 grain arrow at 274 fps.
Old 03-09-2005, 06:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

WWAG (or anyone else) can you confirm how the Allegiance cables crossed originally?
Blodg, on the Allegiance, the center cable on the TOP cam should cross BEHIND to INFRONT of the other cable, (closest to the riser), also coming from the top cam and the cross happens BELOW the Cable Rod.
Old 03-09-2005, 06:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

I crossed my cables on my Allegiance to match those on the Defender and discovered that I also needed to turn the slide upside down to match the Defender's slide. This resulted in absolutely NO lean in the cams on my Allegiance
Russ, is this when the bow is at 'full draw'--?
The reason I asked, my bottom cam is perfectly straight while at rest. However when at full draw, the bottom cam pitches/leans to the riser.
And that's not difficult to see either!!!
I've also configured the cable guard with the longer slot towards the riser and my cables also crossing below the cable rod.

Quick Reply: Tell me about your Allegiance

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.