Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 What is the benefit of the Hicks? >

What is the benefit of the Hicks?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

What is the benefit of the Hicks?

Old 03-08-2005, 09:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default What is the benefit of the Hicks?

What is the benefit of the hicks cable slide. I am using a Sims right now but I have heard some of you guys mentioning the Hicks? Do you think the Hicks is superior to the Sims and if so why? Thanks
Old 03-08-2005, 09:17 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: What is the benefit of the Hicks?

SA,

I believe that the Hicks does not pull the cables as far over as the Sims slide. From what I remember reading the Sims slide may pull the cables too far over for some Bowtech bows.
Old 03-08-2005, 12:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

PABowhntr is on the money, found this to be true myself after testing both cable slides.
Old 03-08-2005, 01:28 PM

But if your cables are not pulled over enough, isn't there a chance of fletching contact on the cables?
Old 03-08-2005, 09:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

The benefit of using a pure teflon slide, like the Hicks or Sims is the reduce in drag on your cable slide thus giving you a little added speed. The reason that the Hicks slide has come up is because it does not pull the cables too close to the slide rod as opposed to the Sims slide. Since there is no way to correct the added torque on the new Equalizer bows, the Hicks slide is a better choice. Basically the Hicks slide keeps the cables very close to what the stock slide from Bowtech does.
Old 03-08-2005, 11:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

MO, the Quik Spins, Blazers and Duravanes aren't touching the cables on my Allegiance, using the Hicks. There is enough clearance.
Old 03-09-2005, 04:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

I believe I may be the one that started all this about Hicks slides so let me add my .02 cents too.

I've tried the Sims slide on my own personal bows and IMO it pulled the cables over too much.

The White (Target Model) Hicks slide is the one I recommend as it gives plenty of fletching clearance (even with 4" vanes) yet doesn't add too much extra torque to the harness.

IMO the Black (Hunter Model) Hicks slide also pulls the harness over too much, similar to or perhaps a little more than the Sims slide.

I'm sure the Sims and Hicks black slides will work fine but I believe they both pull the cables over too much.
Old 03-09-2005, 04:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: BowTech_Shooter

I believe I may be the one that started all this about Hicks slides so let me add my .02 cents too.
Yup it's all his fault. He was talkin' 'em up, and then sent me a couple, and then I was talkin 'em up and sent (IIRC) Jeepnut one..and then he told two friends and they told two friends and so on and so on and so on...

Somehow I doubt all of our ugly mugs could get us into one of those shampoo commericals [&:]
Old 03-09-2005, 06:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yup it's all his fault. He was talkin' 'em up, and then sent me a couple, and then I was talkin 'em up and sent (IIRC) Jeepnut one..and then he told two friends and they told two friends and so on and so on and so on...
Pat--can I join your 'mailing list'..
Old 03-09-2005, 06:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks guys. I can see why they are the better choice for the E cam bows. The fact that they pull the cables over as far as they do, is precisely the reason that I went to the Sims slide on my Patriot. Well that and because they are a pure teflon slide. Do you guys think they pull the cable over too much on all bowtech or just the E cams?

Quick Reply: What is the benefit of the Hicks?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.