Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Gave up on TT dropaway >

Gave up on TT dropaway

Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Gave up on TT dropaway

Old 03-04-2005, 12:26 PM
Fork Horn

Default Gave up on TT dropaway

After several weeks of messing with the TT I finally conceded defeat this morning and put my faithful GKF Plat. Premier on my Justice. I plan on tuning it this weekend. Hopefully it will be fairly straightforward process and I can get to know my bow a lot better!

I tried tying the release into the down cable and was still getting contact that I just couldn't get rid of. Finally got the timing right as far as the arrow nose-diving into the shelf, but couldn't get the vanes to quit making contact with the side of the riser. Took it to the bow shop I bought it from, but he couldn't fix it either. In the end he started blaming the spine of my arrows, (although he couldn't get an over-spined carbon to come out with no contact either) and my form.(He couldn't shoot without contact either.) At that point I packed up my stuff and left! Maybe this rest just doesn't work with my draw length.
Old 03-04-2005, 01:41 PM

Default RE: Gave up on TT dropaway

My buddy has one on His mathews mustang and has no problems with it, he shoots about 45 pounds and 26"...(hes a little guy)anyways his works just perffect. i dont know what could be wrong with yours but if worst comes to worst you can just give it to me.

BB90
Old 03-04-2005, 02:13 PM
Fork Horn

I'm shooting 50# at 25" draw. I'll keep you in mind bigbuck90 if I give it away
Old 03-04-2005, 09:39 PM

Seems odd that you were getting fletch contact with the riser. If center shot is set the same, then I would think you should get the same amount of clearance or contact at the riser no matter which rest you're using.

Maybe the rest was dropping too quickly? The idea is to have the arrow supported as long as possible to offer as much guidance as possible, and then drop out of the way just before the fletch passes by. If it drops too quickly then there's nothing supporting the arrow as the string is pushing it, so I could see where you might get some strange flight and unusual contact.

I'm currently shooting a TT on my Liberty & it works just fine. As similar as the Justice is I would think it should work as well. But both the TT and the GKF are great rests so you can't go wrong with either.
Old 03-05-2005, 12:29 AM

Do you shoot with fingers or release?
Old 03-05-2005, 04:54 PM

maybe try backing your bottom limb out 1/8 to 1/4 of a turn.
Old 03-05-2005, 05:51 PM

You probably don't want to spend any more money, but if you decide to look at a different rest, try the QAD Ultra. Mine works perfect with no fletching contact regardless how the arrow is positioned.
Old 03-06-2005, 11:25 AM

I am getting rid of my TT as well. I never really liked this rest. Mine was very loud and did not shoot that great. I had much better luck with the MZE.. I may even try a Biscuit this year for hunting...