Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Who shoots a 4 blade fixed broadhead? >

Who shoots a 4 blade fixed broadhead?

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Who shoots a 4 blade fixed broadhead?

Old 03-03-2005, 10:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Who shoots a 4 blade fixed broadhead?

Anybody use or prefer a 4 blade fixed broadhead? I was wondering how they compare with a 3 blade in terms of ease of tuning and performance on game?
Old 03-04-2005, 05:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Who shoots a 4 blade fixed broadhead?

I use four blade Phantoms and slicktricks. Both provide an 1/18" X (each way). Ease of tuning the nod will go to the slick tricks- follow the instructions and they will fly as good as any BH out there. Scary azz looking head goes to the Phantoms. There's a lot more cutting surface there and these are the heads I will use if my set up will allow it. If not then it's new gear time.
I've seen a lot of people successfully use the phantoms from my state and I was overly impressed with the blood trail they provided for me.

Both of these heads provide a nice big entrance and exit hole.

The Phantom is my primary choice as it will go through any pig I may encounter without delay, the slicktricks performance on a boars shield has me kinda concerned. As far as deer size game, the ST should be just fine.
Old 03-04-2005, 06:09 AM
Fork Horn

I have several different animals, 12 in total with the Slick Trick 125's with great results. I have gotten pass throughs on all 12 animals, and great short blood trails. Their accuracy, and durability are awesome. I highly recommend them.
Old 03-04-2005, 08:36 AM
Fork Horn

TerryM-

I have shot only three blade rocket heads the last couple years but I have just purchased the Slick Trick 100's and they fly unbelievable!! I Have already messed up 3 different arrows that I have shafted. 1 at 30 yards and 2 at 20 yards!!! I will definately shoot these from now on. They shoot as good as the 3 blade rockets and they have 4 blades!! Great for blood trailing!
Old 03-04-2005, 09:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have shot only three blade rocket heads the last couple years but I have just purchased the Slick Trick 100's and they fly unbelievable!!
Thats interesting. How close to field points were they when you first sighted them in. I am thinking of trying a 4 blade myself but the slick tricks would have to be mail ordered as nobody around here stocks them. Certainly seems there is nothing but praise for the slick tricks!!
Old 03-05-2005, 02:40 PM
Fork Horn

You can also get the Slick Tricks from archeryexperts.com
Old 03-06-2005, 11:39 AM

I shoot muzzy 4 blade. I don't see any difference in tuning with 3 or 4. The difference is inches of "slice". Let's say a deer is 10 inches wide, and you get a complete pass thru. A 2 blade broadhead you will have 20 inches of slice, 3 is 30, 4 is 40. I will take the 40 inch slice anyday.
Old 03-08-2005, 07:14 AM
Fork Horn

I also use the four blade Muzzy.I have never used anything different because they fly so well for me.A big plus is that Muzzy stepped up and made a practice blade which makes tuning spot on and practice realistic.Ron
Old 03-08-2005, 07:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

Anybody use or prefer a 4 blade fixed broadhead? I was wondering how they compare with a 3 blade in terms of ease of tuning and performance on game?
I think that there are a lot of variables in this question. But, I have found that the shorter type four blade heads such as the Slick Tricks are very easy to tune.

If you are comparing the same type of head say a Muzzy 125 three blade to a 130 Muzzy four blade, then I think there will be very little difference in tuning.

My preference using my compound on deer size game would be a four blade.
Old 03-08-2005, 08:23 AM
Fork Horn

TerryM-

I did not change my sighting at all I just took off my field points and screwed in the slick trick!! I am like you I had heard nothing but praise from people about the slick tricks but i wanted to shoot them myself before I judged them. Like you I had to mail order them, because none of the shops around here had them in stock. Well worth the order. I first ordered 1 pack, after shooting them I have placed an order for 4 packs. I don't think you will be disappointed!!

Quick Reply: Who shoots a 4 blade fixed broadhead?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.