Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Diamond Victory Solitaire (Performance and Overview) *pics* >

Diamond Victory Solitaire (Performance and Overview) *pics*

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Diamond Victory Solitaire (Performance and Overview) *pics*

Old 03-03-2005, 08:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Diamond Victory Solitaire (Performance and Overview) *pics*

2005 Diamond Victory Solitaire
Initial Overview and Performance:

Remarks:
As many of you know Bowtech aquired Diamond Archery this year and redesigned the bow models to be a more direct link to the mid-range market. No nonsense, high bang for the buck type bows, and if the Victory is designed with this in mind?.... It's all that and then some.
The Victory is a model which I only really got to hold and draw at the ATA show breifly even though I was around them for 4 days. (Anyone who was there can explain why[:-])
In any event I finally got my own to play with because my initial impression of the bow was , to be honest, one of surprise……surprise at the quality, fit and finish of the bow. It is very solid feeling , has terrific balance, maybe the best balance of any hunting bow I’ve had in the last few years. Trust me, when you think "Mid-Price" this isn't the bow you are expecting.
It carries many of the high end touches of it’s 1st cousin the Bowtech Patriot. In fact it is very “Patriotlike” in overall feel; feel of draw, limb angles, heft , and how it points is remarkably similar.

Included are the Locking pivoting limb pockets, new limb bolt and bezel assembly, full Bowtech Hush Kit and the same quality TS1 custom pre-stretched string and cable set……..the Diamond ones are very cool too, 3 color twist for a real camo effect. The cam is modular and shares a similar profile to Bowtech’s Infinity series cams. Draw stop peg for let-off adjustment is the same.

The riser has all the same beveled edge machining of the top end Bowtechs.
(You can also order the Bowtech style wood laminated grip (as you can see in the pic)for a few buck more but it will not be engraved with Bowtech or Diamond)
Camoflauge is Mossy Oak "New" Break Up, not Obsession like the Bowtech line.

Specs:
34 3/16” ATA (measured)
7 ¾” Brace height (Measured)
Draw length 30” (good genetics) (30 1/8” AMO measured)
Draw weight 70# peak (not measured)

Performance :
As you will quickly see, this bow is no slouch in the performance department especially considering it’s generous brace height: (5 shot group avg speed)
Speeds were attained with 2 hush kit silencers, string loop, and 2 tied in nock sets.
(Arrow weights were measured on a digital scale, speed on a Pro Chrono digital)

350gr = 314.8fps avg / 77ft lbs of KE
385gr = 302.4fps avg / 78ft lbs of KE
403gr = 295.6fps avg / 78ft lbs of KE
426gr = 289.0fps avg / 79ft lbs of KE

The bow is VERY VERY quiet, I would go so far as to say it is every bit as quiet as my Liberty, and carries a similar shot feel. Almost no recoil, no felt vibration, just that quick soft thump and she sits there even at the 315fps mark.
Like I said before it feels very similar to the Patriot in all regards.
Draw cycle is pretty smooth, picks up fairly early and carries it further into the cycle than an Equalizer cam bow. A touch more end loaded than a Freedom cam….I’d call it very close to the “I” cam cycle.

IMO this is one heck of a bow for the price, and it’s gonna sneak up in a hurry on anyone who picks it up expecting the feel and performance typical of a more mid-priced bow. Call it the “Poor Man’s Patriot” if you like, but don’t call it lower quality. I am so pleasantly surprised with it, I’m rethinking even getting an Allegiance. No joke, You really don’t need more…….315fps speed with a nearly 8” brace height, super quiet and all the VFT benefits of the $719 big brother.
At an MSRP that is $120 less than a Patriot, you could fully outfit this bow with good stuff for the price of the Patriot bare bow. Dealer prices as always will very from location to location, but I would expect this bow to be had most anywhere for low to mid $500 range.

You all know my connections to Bowtech (and now Diamond) by now, so feel free to take my impressions however you feel, I won’t get offended. I can honestly say I am extremely surprised by this bow, and if anyone has their heart set on a Patriot but might be a little short on cash?........
Old 03-03-2005, 09:11 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Diamond Victory Solitaire (Performance and Overview) *pics*

I have owned an 04 Diamond Machete and have nothing but good things to say about it. Diamond has always made a great product they just didn't advertise there bows very much and I think for the price you can't bet them. I gave I think it was $499 for the machete an it was well worth it. Back then though they where using the saber tooth solo cam which was basicly the same cam as the orginal Bowtech BT solo cam. Back in Bowtech's early days Diamond done most of there machine work on there bows and now look what has happened Bowtech be came big enough to by Diamond. So you know Diamond was doing something right from the quiality of the bowtech bows.
Old 03-04-2005, 05:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Those are some nice stats and a real WOOD grip!! What little I've seen of the new diamond line-up so far showed the bows with black rubber/plastic grips, with that wood grip it looks a heck of a lot better.
A 400 grain arrow going 285 for a 29" draw with a 7 3/4" brace!! That would be nice to hunt with!
Old 03-04-2005, 10:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

very nice performance outta that bow considering the brace.

Bearings or bushings in the cam, Matt?
Old 03-04-2005, 02:25 PM
Fork Horn

Did bowtech just buy the Diamond name to use on bows or did they buy the whole company with the machining divison? If they aquired the whole shooting match then they should be setting pretty because Diamond archery made bow parts for many different bow manufactors.
Old 03-04-2005, 02:57 PM
Fork Horn

Looks to me like Bowtech is trying there hardest to look like Mathews!!
Old 03-04-2005, 04:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

Give it a break lung buster ,can't you just admit that Bowtech is a very nice bow and is one of the top manufacturer's in the market .
I find when ever there's a Mathew's loyalist on this forum the ONLY comment they can make is the same comment that you just made .Give the company some credit for making a nice bow.
I'll almost bet that your Switchback is your first Mathew's and sure it's a nice bow, but give it a break and give credit where credit's due.

nubo
Old 03-04-2005, 04:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

Jeff,
It's bearings cam and idler. And I agree, very nice performance for that brace height. I was shooting it more tonight and I can't get over just how quiet it is. Everything usually sounds louder in my unfinished basement , but this thing is very soft sounding. My Old Glory (without string silencers) is considerably louder shot side by side with this bow using the same arrow and 10# less draw weight.

BC,
I am pretty sure that Bowtech now owns the whole deal.
Old 03-04-2005, 05:40 PM

Great report Matt, I have been telling some friends and others who in the market for a new bow but don't want to buy a high end model to look at the Diamond line. I new they would be solid bows, and from the sounds of it a real steal for the price. I wish I had one to play with but the Boss (wife) would kill me. And I would be paying for more than a new bow, i'd be paying for a divorce!!![:'(] And after seeing what my brother has gone through this past year, I don't think I want to go down the divorce road.
Old 03-04-2005, 06:05 PM
Fork Horn

Hey nubo-

You give it a break. All I ever hear about on this forum is bowtech this and bowteck that. I agree that Mathews, Hoyt, Bowtech, heck even Jennings and PSE products are quality products but almost anytime a person posts something good about a Mathews bows people always bash it and say Oh your just riding the band waggon of Mathews for its name!! Bull Crap I have shot all of these bows and they are all quality and I am merely saying that most all of the Bowtech bows look almost identical to Mathews bows!!!

Quick Reply: Diamond Victory Solitaire (Performance and Overview) *pics*

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.