Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

What Arrow

Old 03-02-2005, 08:14 PM

Default What Arrow

Now I know this question has probably been asked a lot lately, but I’m trying to figure out a new arrow set up for the '05 season. I'm currently using the Carbon Express 300 Selects. Here is the lay out:

70#
125 Grim Reapper BH
28 1/2" Length

That’s everything but the shaft, and wings. I was just wondering what you guys might think are some good choices for nothing bigger then deer sized game. Distance wise, I wouldn't go past 40, but even 35 is push'n it. And as far as speed and KE are concerned, I’d rather have a harder hit then a fast arrow. But if you could please suggest what you think might be a good choice, it would be greatly appreciated. If you need any further info to help, just let me know. Thanks again

-Hoyt
Old 03-02-2005, 08:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: What Arrow

Sounds like you want a quality shaft that also looks good on your signiture. I know a guy who bought an 04 outback and shafts from a shop in Colorodo (seems like to many o's). The set up was so pretty he couldn't take it out last season. He had some custom built Black Hawk Vapors for shafts. How about those? They were a work of art.
Old 03-02-2005, 10:47 PM

I like Gold Tip Pro's and would recommend them. I shoot the 55/75 xt's with
125gr. tip 4 in. fletch at 60 lbs. now for indoor and they are very accurate with my
set up. Total arrow weight is 414 grains. I bought 3 75/95 GT Pro's 2 weeks ago
to test for hunting and I am impressed with them as well.
Old 03-05-2005, 07:15 PM

I would second the choice of Gold Tips.
Old 03-05-2005, 08:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: hunohio

I would second the choice of Gold Tips.

I would too. Congradulations, your a Spike.
Old 03-05-2005, 09:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Looks like those GoldTip Pro camo 7595's that your old man is putting together might be the way to go. Since that seems to be what everyone here is voting for.

If you would like to try them just let me know. I should have some fletched up tomorrow. Right now cut with inserts and nocks they are between 301.6gr and 302.2gr.
Old 03-06-2005, 11:19 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: wihunter402

Looks like those GoldTip Pro camo 7595's that your old man is putting together might be the way to go. Since that seems to be what everyone here is voting for.

If you would like to try them just let me know. I should have some fletched up tomorrow. Right now cut with inserts and nocks they are between 301.6gr and 302.2gr.

I think you might have me confused with the other guy that I quoted. Thanks for the offer though. I'll keep it in mind. They are some light arrows.
Old 03-06-2005, 11:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think you might have me confused with the other guy that I quoted. Thanks for the offer though. I'll keep it in mind. They are some light arrows.
Sorry for the confusion nodog. Hoyt14 is my son. I was just giving him a hard time. Also the arrows are WITHOUT tips of fletching. I am doing them up with feathers and the first one is at 310.8 gr. without tip. Should be right about what he is looking for don't you think?
Old 03-06-2005, 12:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: wihunter402

Sorry for the confusion nodog. Hoyt14 is my son. I was just giving him a hard time. Also the arrows are WITHOUT tips of fletching. I am doing them up with feathers and the first one is at 310.8 gr. without tip. Should be right about what he is looking for don't you think?
Yep. Got to be fun given him a hard time internet style. Hoyt14, have'nt you ever heard the old saying "Ask dad, he knows best".
Old 03-06-2005, 01:05 PM

ORIGINAL: nodog

Yep. Got to be fun given him a hard time internet style. Hoyt14, haven’t you ever heard the old saying "Ask dad, he knows best".
lol yea, but I usually beat him at anything regardless of what he uses compared to what I use. Looks like on this one he might just be set'n it up right

-Hoyt

~Looks like the Pro 7595 is what I’ll go with, just gotta figure out black or cammo (you were right dad, I’ll admit it just this once)~

Quick Reply: What Arrow

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.