Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

[Deleted]

Old 09-10-2002, 10:01 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 09-10-2002, 10:55 PM

Default RE: Important question re: bowstring

bgidd,
i have a friend who has a mathews and hes only had it for a year. he has just bought a knew string this year. it had steched which made everything change a little bit. to answer your question its hard to say . it is acording to how much you've shot it to how long it will last.

sorry about the spelling its late here in georgia

tracey moore
Old 09-11-2002, 04:02 AM
Fork Horn

A lot of abuse is under the serving where the nock goes that you can't get at good or see. We used to get guys coming in a week or two before season with strings broke here. The strings were usually 5-6 years old and just snapped. This is in addition to the already mentioned stretching, etc. Your string takes a lot of abuse so I would recommend every year for the string and the cable every two years if you don't do them both at the same time.

Old 09-11-2002, 07:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

I shoot a lot, and I'm getting ready to replace my string/cables after just getting the bow 5-6 months ago. If you don't shoot much, I'd say every two years is a good idea. Even if you don't shoot at all, these string materials break down over time. And yes, you have to do a complete retune when you change rigging.

But, if your bow is shooting like you want it then measure everything, tiller, brace height, axle to axle length, nock height, distance from your nock to your peep... centershot and prong height on your rest shouldn't change, but measure them anyway. When you get the new rigging, match those measurements as close as you can, shoot the string in (about 100 shots or so) and then twist everything back to your measurements. Cuts a lot of time off the retune.